Six

The Victor tour, the moment waited for so many. Six months after the Hunger Games, the Victor was supposed to visit every district and present a speech than festivities for the night before the next morning direction a new district. The finality was the Capitol, there they were applauded for their courage.

Aria regretted that moment, she had promised herself to stay in District 8 for the rest of her life since her victory a few months ago. Today, her promise was no longer valid because whether she wanted to or not she would have to leave home for the next few weeks. To her misfortune, Cecelia was not going to accompany her on this journey. Her pregnancy being too far advanced, would not help the Victor. She hoped to see Wright by her side. For the past few weeks, they had been spending most of their time together.

At first she used Cecelia as an excuse for coming and as time went by Aria realized that he was a funny and loving person. He was nicknamed Woof as a dog who barked at others, but this rumour was false.

Jonathan, her other mentor, was going through a rough patch in Aria's eyes. He stayed locked up in his house without ever letting a single light shine on him. Cecelia had explained Jonathan's sad story to her one night after his first debauchery. Several years before, Jonathan had a little girl. His girlfriend was executed for reasons unknown by the Capitol, leaving him and his daughter alone. When she was about five years old she developed a disease. Despite the money Jonathan had, nothing can cure an inoperable tumour. Since her death, as soon as winter gives news of him, he closes himself up to become an unconquerable man.

Aria didn't want to bother him so she turned to her new sidekick, Kit Wright. He refused, laughing at her for daring to think he would ever get back on that cursed train with people who he hated without exception. When Cecelia and Jonathan won their game he retired, he was no longer an interesting Victor in the eyes of the Capitol. His house became his burrow and Wright would stay there.

"You know what will Cecelia do if she learns that I will be alone. Even if she's tired, she will come with me. If you are not doing this for me, do it for her. You are her mentor after all." The redhead said.

"Taking me by the sentiments won't work, Ginger."

"Oh, please. It's just for three weeks. I don't want to be alone, you and I hate being alone. You will miss me so just come, old man."

"Your departure will be my vacations. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I resent them and I will never go back. Never. I promise it to myself."

With that she left his house slamming the door. She wasn't angry that no one wanted to go with her because who wanted to relive their nightmares. Her annoyance came from the fact that she was going to have to smile and be happy in everyone's eyes. Her luggage had already been packed by her parents. They thought that one less stress wouldn't hurt.

She would have liked someone to accompany her from District 8, but Aria figured Clove would be waiting for her at the entrance to the station. Because yes, the two Victors had to film their "first" meeting since the games. The young Victor was glad that their first meeting had not been in the public eye, because it would not have been the most beautiful. Cecelia had asked her to show eternal love to Clove at the Capitol for the sake of everyone. Her performance had to be impeccable if not blood will be spilled. Never was there two winners since the creation of the games, and that had not only made people happy.

Her house door knocked. As she walked towards the entrance, she took a deep breath knowing full well who was on the other side.