Four

The birds were singing and the sun was shining over the lake close to the village. A velvet-soft breeze was blowing through District 8. Winter was getting closer and closer, but the weather was clement.

An unnatural quietness, but thanks was perfect for the two Victors to meet in the kitchen to eat lunch. Neither had really conversed except for 'can you pass the butter' or 'did you sleep well'. Clove was going to ask her if they could talk about their conversation last night, however, Aria talked before she got the chance.

"My family has always wanted to meet you. We could go and see them before the shop opens its doors."Meet her family? Clove thought. Meeting people who didn't like her for the right reasons was like shooting yourself in the foot. A bad idea. "They don't bite. My grandmother has wanted to meet you since the Hunger Games."

After Clove gave in to Aria's whim and found an appropriate outfit to meet her co-victor's family, the two girls walked up to see some locals. Women, men and even kids were reunited to walk toward the same path. Some of them had the chance to carry a lunch bag while others envied them. The light of the rising sun showed Clove their faces. They had one thing in common – misery of life. It pained her to see the youth working. Even though their misery, all of them smile at her. No hatred was shown, it was as if they were happy to finally see her here.

"Why are they looking at us?"

"They are not looking at us, they are looking at you. A member of the highest districts coming here is like the event of the siecle. Even bigger than the baby shower of Cecelia."

These people should hate her.

Here people should hate her for killing people who didn't deserve it. At home, she was congratulated for her achievement. She didn't want that, she wanted to be told to her face that what she had done was wrong and that she would perish in hell. The career sped up the pace towards the Yrwin house.

There, she did not receive the welcome she thought she would. She was hugged and given the warmest of smiles. "I'm going to drop Walter and Heidi off at school, but it was nice to meet you Clove. You're as gorgeous as Aria described you." She said with a giggle before sending a wink to her daughter.

Walter and Heidi, the youngest of the siblings, hugged their sister before heading for the door where their mother was waiting. Aria's father, August, called to his daughter and this made Clove stand upright in the middle of the shop. The place was really like Aria had tell her about it. A large room separated into smaller sections for different needs. At the front right were clothes and mannequins made of fabrics with fabrics on them (surely for future creation).

The grandmother was sitting with a needle trying to place a button on a coat. She couldn't get the needle into the button and this caused her to prick her fingers and mumble some inaudible words to Clove. She quietly approached the table and offered to help even though she had never sewn anything in her life.

"My eyes are not like they used to be, I might become blind sooner than I expected." Lavee passed her the cloth and Clove's eyes widened a little knowing that she had no idea what she was doing. After a few minutes she heard a laugh. Her eyes rose to see the grandmother have one of the biggest smiles she had ever seen.

"You don't really know what you're doing, do you? You don't do much sewing in your district. I can teach you if you want, although Taylor would be the best. Wait, I'll call her."

"You can teach me, I don't mind. I don't want to bother her." Clove realized that Aiden and Taylor didn't like her that much. They would glance at her every few times and by the way their gestures looked as they talk to Aria, she knew they weren't happy about her present here.