Chapter 13: After The Chaos

I'm warning you right now, this chapter isn't that good. :P

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Ross's POV:

Three days. Three days she's been in the hospital. Also three days since the last time I saw her. The amount of blood she lost affected her body making her tired and weak, so they attached a few wires and needles allowing some medication to flow into her system, hopefully making her better.

As for me, the whole town was freaking out. Knowing "The Wolf Boy" is near them. But I don't care about what they think. I go to the town for one reason and one reason only. To see my love. Other than that, I never step foot beyond the fence.

Her father got into some serious trouble, and I mean serious trouble. He was arrested for attempted murder. I'm not sure how long he's being locked up, all I know is that he's gonna be gone for a very long time.

Right now I'm at the hospital, sitting in the waiting room. Some people around me don't care that I'm here. Others are keeping their distance. Today they're allowing Laura to finally have visitors. Once I was notified, I raced over here quicker than you could imagine.

I just want to make sure she's okay. I mean, I know she isn't, but that's not what I mean. I mean, I want to be there with her, just to help her get through this. It's been a lot to go through and process, and I don't want her fighting alone. So I pledged to always be by her side when she needed me. I don't intend to break that pledge.

"Mr. Lynch?" A voice says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up and see a doctor facing me. I have to do a double take just to make sure she really is talking to me. It's weird hearing people other than my family saying my last name, and not calling me Wolf Boy.

I stand up out of my seat. "Yes?"

The doctor steps forward. "Are you here for Laura Marano?" She asks.

I nod. "Yeah... Is she okay? Can I see her?"

She slowly nods. "Yes, but I'm warning you that you must be very gentle with her. Her shoulder is stitched up and covered, but it'll still be painful for her if she moves it too much. She's in a fragile state, be as careful as you can with her."

I nod. "Got it." I just wanted to get in there and see her.

"Right this way." She says. I follow her down a long hallway till we come to a room near the middle. She knocks before slowly pushing open the door. I walk in behind her and shut the door. "Miss Marano, you have a guest." I hear the doctor say.

I turn around to see her by a bed. The curtains are halfway drawn around it, but I see the shape of two legs under the blue blanket sprawled across the bed. I slowly take a few steps closer, then my insides do flips as I finally see Laura's pale face.

"Oh my gosh..." I whisper, then walk towards her. I hover right over her and stare down at her. Her chocolate brown eyes, now with a bit less sparkle than usual, stare into mine.

She gives me a light smile. "Hey."

I smile widely at the sound of her voice. "Hey..." I ever so carefully lifted up my hand and placed it on her forehead. I stroked the surface lightly with my thumb. "How are you feeling?" I ask quietly.

She shrugs. "Okay I guess... I still hurt, but the medicine helps the pain go down."

I nod. "Good." She then slowly tries to sit herself up. She winces. "Careful, Laur." I say, helping her keep her balance. She grabs ahold of my arm to help her sit upright. She finally gets into a comfortable position and relaxes.