Chapter 8: Tragedy

Ross's POV:
I pushed through the crowd of running and screaming people, trying to get back to the ball room. Once I finally reached it, I looked around to see my family and some other people fighting the Demond's. I looked to my left to see one swooping down in the direction of Rydel. I snapped.

I could feel the fury of red boil up in my eyes. I sprinted towards Rydel and pushed her out if the way. The Demond wrestled me 'til we hit the floor. I punched and clawed every which way trying to get it off if me. I could see it's fangs coming closer by the second to my face. Just as I thought it was going to bite me, Rocky grabbed the Demond by it's collar and threw him off of me.

He held out his hand and pulled me back up to my feet.

Ross: Thanks dude.

Rocky: No problem. Go find mom and dad and gather them up. The last thing we need right now is for all of us to split up.

I nodded, then ran off to go find the rest of my family. Rydel and Riker were fighting off more Demond's. Rocky scampered over to help them, along with Ellington and Ryland by his side. I turned back towards the rest of the ball room. Where were mom and dad?

I ran around searching the entire castle, which was now empty with silence. My footsteps echoed through the halls an rooms as I jogged around looking for my parents.

Ross: Mom!! Dad!!

No answer. I continued looking anywhere I could possibly find. That's when suddenly, I heard a scream. I nearly tripped over myself at my sudden stop. I froze, hearing the scream. That was no ordinary scream. It was a woman's scream. A lot like... my mother's.

It came from the very end of the hallway. I sped off at the speed of light racing in the direction of the shriek. As I reached the end, I looked down both ways. To my right, nothing. To my left... There. There my mother lie on the floor. She was barely moving a muscle.

Ross: MOM!!

I ran over to her and dropped down on my knees. I hovered over her and looked down at her. She was pale. Very pale. Her once blue eyes now looked gray and lifeless. Tears started to fill up my eyes. My mother stared up at me, letting out quiet breaths.

Stormie: Ross... 'she says in a low whisper'

My arms shook as I reached out and slowly grasped her hand.

Ross: Yea mommy?

Mommy? I haven't called her mommy since I was little.

Stormie's POV:

Hearing my son call me mommy makes me think of him as my baby boy once again. I look up at him and see that same face when he was five tears old. Then ten. Then sixteen. And now eighteen. I lightly squeezed his hand, feeling the fear running through him.

Stormie: Mommy has to go now...

He shook his head ferociously at me.

Ross: No, mom! Please don't leave me!!

I winced in pain, feeling the Demond bight on my neck sink its way deeper inside of me.

Ross: I'll go get the medication! We can fix this!! You'll be okay mom I promise!!

I gave Ross a small smile.

Stormie: I'll be okay... 'she whispered' I'm going to a place where no one can harm me.

Ross: Mom...

Tears were streaming down his face. I wished to comfort him, but I had no strength to dry his tears.

Stormie: I love you, Ross.

I heard him calling my name. I heard him shouting it. But to me it was all a whisper. And then, there was no noise at all. Only light.