Author's Note

Welcome to "Aspire", dearest gentle reader! Firstly, I want to point out that this is a fanfic of the Netflix series based on Julia Quinn's work, not the books. For example, Kate is Kathani Sharma and not Katharine Sheffield. Some inspiration has come from the books as well. The story will start out as quite a traditional Kate x Anthony (Kanthony) fanfiction, taking off immediately from the joyous pall-mall game where season two's epilogue ends and moving on chronologically after that. I have tried to write so that this story works together with the TV-series as well as possible, but naturally I have taken some liberties, too. Also, when I began writing roughly a year ago after the void season two left in me, we did not yet know if season three would be about Benedict or Colin. Therefore, this content cannot match season three perfectly, since it is not yet available at this moment, but this is my version of how things could have gone.

Here is what you might expect:

Lots of Kanthony interaction

Lots of Kate with the Bridgerton siblings

Kanthony overcoming problems

Violet will find a new love

Lady Marina Crane

Miss Siena Rosso

Mr. Theo Sharpe

Edwina x Prince Friedrich

A lovely Christmas chapter

Birth of Baby Edmund II ("Eddie")

Oneshots of Eddie's and his siblings' childhood

Flashbacks of Anthony & Simon at Oxford

And this is just the start, as I actually consider my main work being the three following books/works I have already written about Kanthony's four children (book three includes both Miles and Charlotte, also I have changed Mary's name into Lily) and them finding their own love interests. Please be advised that whereas this book does not include explicit mature content, the other three parts do. These other parts of my "ABCD-series" will be published later on this year and I cannot wait to share them with you!

The complete collection will be:

Aspire – Kanthony's continuation story

Burn – Edmund Bridgerton II's story

Covet – Miles Bridgerton's story

Dare – Lily Bridgerton's story

Thus, if you like what you see here, I can guarantee that you will not run out of reading material anytime soon. Also note that some language is intentionally modernised and some details might be more or less historically incorrect, simply to match the tone of the TV-series (and due to the fact that I am no historian).

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, I greatly appreciate every comment or suggestion!

Lots of love from your humble writer,

Miss Islemeadow

___________

Disclaimer: Obviously, I do not own any rights to anything created by either Julia Quinn, Shondaland or Netflix. This is purely non-commercial entertainment for myself – and hopefully a few others – while waiting for further seasons to arrive. All rights reserved considering my own writing.