Chapter 3:Close proximity

Author pov :

Taehyung kept stealing glances at Alice, who was sitting beside him. his one hand rested on the steering wheel while the other sat on his thigh. He couldn't help but question why he had spoken to her earlier. It was something he often did, talking nonsense because she made him feel confused and a bit timid. He let out a deep sigh.

Alice gazed absentmindedly out the window, lost in her thoughts. Frustration crept over her, evident in the way she bit her lip. "Could you please stop sighing? It's really irritating, Mr. Kim," she snapped suddenly, catching Taehyung off guard. He glanced at her and noticed the sharp glare she shot his way.

"Miss Frozen, if I may ask, is there some issue you have with me?" Taehyung inquired.

Alice rolled her eyes with a piercing gaze. "Mr. Kim, I didn't realize you entertained nonsensical thoughts during your free time."

When the traffic light turned red, Taehyung halted the car and turned his attention fully to Alice. "Miss Frozen, you're glaring at me as if I forced you to sit in my car against your will. Yet, you can't seem to stop hurling insults my way. It's been ten minutes, and you've made me feel like I'm the prime suspect in an investigation."

Taehyung had reached his limit with her tantrums. What did she think of him? She had been nothing but rude for the past ten minutes.

"So you hold yourself in such high regard, Mr. Kim. I don't even have time to think about you, let alone despise you. It's all in your head. I would have preferred a peaceful drive rather than being stuck here with you in this car."

Hurt filled Taehyung's face as he heard her insults. He bit his inner cheek, growing angry.

Both of them maintained unbroken eye contact, refusing to back down. However, Taehyung found himself captivated by her deep blue eyes. His heart started pounding intensely as if drawn toward her gaze. A blaring horn startled them, and Taehyung turned to see the traffic light had turned red.

Alice glanced briefly outside before returning her gaze to Taehyung. "Park the car on the side, Mr. Kim."

Taehyung felt bewildered. "Miss Frozen, it's not the right time. I think it would be better if I take you to the company." He let out a sigh, but Alice shook her head.

"Mr. Kim, don't waste my time. Pull over to the side now."

Taehyung couldn't understand why he felt a pang of sadness, realizing that she wanted to leave his car and keep her distance from him.

"Miss Frozen, just listen..."

"I don't want to argue. Stop the car, Taehyung." He hit the brakes, and his heart raced even faster than before, almost as if it wanted to escape from his chest. He closed his eyes, his lips slightly parted, feeling as though he was drowning. His body trembled as unfamiliar sensations overwhelmed him. Being near her and hearing his name from her lips felt so incredibly different. He almost lost control of the car.

Alice didn't witness his reaction. She opened the door just as he hit the brake and walked out.

Alice walked around the car and opened the door on Taehyung's side. Taehyung's head snapped toward her, his attention caught by her standing figure.