Chapter 21 : His Love confession

Taehyung pov :

My head throbbed as if someone had split it with a hammer. I groaned loudly, blinking my eyes and feeling like I was about to throw up. My eyes squinted, trying to adjust to the blurred surroundings, but the moment the vision cleared, my breath caught in my throat.

Alice was lying on my shoulder, her face literally a mere inch away from mine. Is this a dream? Because even in heaven, this is not a possible thing. I blinked multiple times, trying to wake myself up, but nothing happened.

My eyes stuck on her face, her soft features, long lashes, and a pointed small nose. My gaze went down, fixating on her lips. She has no idea what she does to me. Her single touch made me feel like I'm on fire and on ice at the same time.

And right now, with her being this close, I think my heart is going to burst. I ripped my eyes away from her face. My whole body was tangled with hers, one hand beneath her, the other on her waist, and both legs tangled with hers like a thread. I'm almost afraid that if I try to untangle, just like a thread, we will break.

Looking around, the first thing that comes into my sight is the ceiling. Why the hell am I in her apartment with her on her couch? I remember going to the bar, drinking, and then... then what? A striking pain hits my head. Shit, I think my head is going to explode. Unconscious, my arms tighten around Alice, and a small wince escapes her throat. I froze.

If she wakes up and sees us like this, she will throw me out of her window. I don't want more problems than I have already created. Her not talking to me is a hell of torments. I can't even think about what will happen to me if she refuses to see me. The only thing that is keeping me from falling off the edge is seeing her.

I wait a second; her face moves near, taking my breath as she snuggles into my neck. I think I'm going to have a heart attack right now. Thank God she is a heavy sleeper.

The sun rays fall on us from the window on the right side wall. My hands are rigid. "Breath, Taehyung. You can't die right now. You have to win her."

Slowly, I turn my body fully to her. Even if my head is throbbing, there is a light sensation that feels like I'm lying on a soft feather. My nose touches the crown of her head. I take a breath; she has this strawberry and woods fragrance, like after the rain. I lean, a smile creeping on my lips. She is so soft, like a pillow.

"My pillow." I yank the pillow I'm hugging. "Taehyung, let go." Oh, my pillow is talking now.

My eyes fly open. Shit, what the hell! I almost fell from the couch.

Shit! The fuck have I done? My body heats up almost like a nuclear bomb. I'm going to blow out in exasperation.

My eyes widen when I look back at Alice to see her eyes fully open, staring directly into mine. I suck in a breath.

She blinks her icy blue eyes, staring into my soul. God, I think I'm dying. I haven't seen her eyes from this close for a while, and the impact they have on me knocks away every ounce of oxygen from my lungs.

My hands are still on her waist as we stare into each other's eyes, her face near mine, the heat of her body touching mine—it just seems like a dream.

"Frozen," I whispered breathlessly. My face moves closer to her without my will. The power she has over me is terrifying, and what's more terrifying is that I want more.

The corner of her jaw flicks, then she shuffles, untangling our legs, and my body goes cold, knowing she is mad. My hands flick, wanting to hold her and cage her in my arms so she won't be away from me, but I stop the urge, knowing well what she will do.

She rises on her elbow but falls back on my chest, hissing. I hold her back. She raises her head, glaring at my shirt button that's stuck with her hairs. I grin, sensing God giving signals.