Chapter 23 : The Event Drama

Alice pov:

It was one of the dark nights where no stars shone; everything pitch black in the sky, night silent as if warrning about something that comes after silence.

My hands were cold; my feet had those blisters that I always had in winter. Still, I wore heels. My dress was dark blue, almost black; the bare neckline made me shiver when I stepped out of the building in the parking lot. The sleeves of my of my black denim jacket I wore on the top of my dress were tight till my wrists. I hate to dress up like this; it makes me feel like I'm living a life I don't belong to—too pretty and vulnerable. I don't have time for looking like this.

A honer rings in the air, howling in the silent area. A black Bugatti comes into my view. I was standing by the side pillar of the entrance; the car pulled over to my right. My heart raced a little, knowing who is in there.

I shouldn't feel like this, like I'm nothing but a tiny mouse. The door clicked open, Taehyung stepped out. I sucked a breath when his eyes met mine; the surroundings blurred. He wore a suit, night black just like tonight. his looks devastating , so beautiful and so deadly that all I can think of. I waited for his reaction. See the problem? I'm not a person who looks for other validations; I don't give two fucks.

But here I stand today, watching and waiting desperately for him to look at me. The burn in my skin, the tingling in my toes and palms as his eyes roamed from the top to my body, and I swear the skin of mine turned hot. I no longer felt cold.

This is not Alice Kim; I did not make myself like this. I ain't built for this, yet I find myself willingly throwing myself into this. Taehyung's gaze drinks in every inch of mine as he rounds the car to reach me.

The moment he is close enough, I see the lure in his eyes, the intensity of his eyes, the insanity of emotions in those dark brown eyes.

His lips part. “Frozen”, he breathes, "I might kill someone today if they see you like I'm watching you right now." My chest hurts from holding my breath for so long. His hand slowly raises to my face; he cups the left side of my face. "Now I know why the moon didn't show up today," he murmurs, closing the gap between our bodies. My hands grip his coat.

“Why?” I ask, peering at him. A slow, devastating smile falls on his lips. “Because tonight, my lady, took the spotlight,” he answers. Now that I know why I came to fall for this man, he goes away with words.

“Kim Taehyung,” I breathe. He stares down at me through thick lashes. “You are very welcome to escort and be the gentleman panther for this spotlighted lady.” He already smiles, turning it into an audible laugh ringing through the parking lot of the building. However, the laugh echoes more into my heart than anywhere else.

He moves to open the door for me. “My lady,” he puts one hand on his stomach as he bows. I hide a smirk as I climb inside; he shuts the door and climbs into the driving seat. I pull the seat belt; he starts the car. My hand lies on my lap, cold. His right hand grips mine into a soft hold, taking me by surprise. He grins, pulling my hand to his mouth, leaving a peck on the back of my hand. My skin heats again. I hide my smile as he laces his fingers through mine, keeping it on his thigh.

“This looks nice,” he grins, winking at me. God, he should stop this before I get to the hospital. If this is only the start, how the hell will I last the whole night with him with people?

*****

The car comes to a halt in front of the large venue, the lights illuminating every single thing. I took my belt off and turned to Taehyung. “Tae,” I called, his hand still on the side of the belt, his eyes on me, giving me full attention. I almost forget what I wanted to say for a second. God, this man. “Remember, no matter what, we are there as a professional relationship, no more of your tricks.” He blinked at my words, not saying anything. Then his hand, which was on the belt, moved to reach me, wrapped around my waist. He pulled himself till he was half-leaning into me, his mouth on mine.