Chapter 16: The Game Of Lies

Taehyung pov :

My heart was almost in my throat, seeing her bleeding. That would have killed me if she hadn't saved me. I put pressure on her arm, trying to stanch the flowing blood. The man who was still behind me took a handkerchief out, moving toward us just as Alice visibly flinched. "You should wrap this around her arm." I shot him a glare but took it from his hand. He looked unfazed, like he hadn't almost killed a person.

I was about to put the scarf on Alice's arm, but to my shock, she slapped my hand away with a cold gaze. "I don't need your help," she gritted out, visibly in pain. I wasn't sure if her words were meant for me or the guy. "Frozen, don't. You're going to pass out if we don't stop the bleeding, please." My mouth was dry, almost as if someone had strangled me. Seeing her like this, she pulled away and stood up. I immediately followed her.

"Frozen, listen," I begged. "And you, Mr., help yourself first, then think about showing that fake face." The man's lips stretched, like he was enjoying seeing her.

I had no time for her anger, so I took hold of her arm, bending to put my hand behind her knee, and pulled her up into my arms. She looked like she could kill me at any moment, but I didn't care. Her gaze looked past me, over the man, and I saw her jaw clench, her body stiffening.

I was in my room, with Dr. was there , Alice sitting on the bed, her eyes empty. Suddenly, the door flew open, and Amara rushed in with a worried expression. I had just told them about what had happened a minute ago. Shortly after, jimin followed,  then my siblings walked in behind them. The man who had shot Alice was also in the room, leaning against the window with his back to the glass, his gaze fixed intensely on Alice.

"What happened, Alice?" Amara exclaimed, and Alice's gaze softened. "I'm okay, sis. Don't worry."

However, my twin turned to me and inquired, "Brother, what went down?"

I pointed toward the man, whom I didn't even know, and began to explain everything. My twin's expression darkened. She turned, marched up to him, and seized him by the collar. "You tried to kill my brother! Are you blind? Didn't you see a whole person?" she yelled in his face. I hurried over to her, with Jin following, "Jennie, release him," as I tried to pull her away, but my stubborn twin wouldn't budge.

"Don't touch me," he growled, gripping her hands and yanking her away, causing her to stumble. The room filled with audible gasps as he removed his glasses. I stood there, trying to fathom his eyes. They were just like Alice's, icy blue he straightened his collar .  "And  lady say this thing to your brother before accusing me of being blind, not noticing a sign of his size that marked the area as dangerous and meant for hunting."

My breath was taken away as he locked eyes with Alice. I observed her eyes darkening and her hands clenching into fists. Initially, he gave her a lazy smile , "And, Miss Alice, I'm hurt you didn't introduce me." I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering what he meant.

Alice turned her head away, and the man let out a sinister chuckle. "Looks like you're still pretty upset," he remarked, a gleam in his eyes. I winced; I didn't like the way he was ogling Alice.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Kevin Davis," he said, and his gaze shifted toward me. I could swear there was something dark lurking behind his eyes. "I'm the youngest son of William Davis and Alice's boyfriend."

I felt like I was losing my balance,  my chest burned with an overwhelming sensation. What the heck? My hands trembled.

"Shut up!" Alice suddenly stood up, her eyes narrowing with anger. She strode over to him, and all I could do was stand there, trying to process his words: Alice's boyfriend.The people around us fell into silence, Jimin held Alice back as she struggled against his grip. Kevin's lips stretched into a full, smug grin.