Chapter 15: He is Back to Destroy

Alice pov:

As the light pierced through the curtains, I groggily blinked, my eyes darting around the unfamiliar room. Rolling over to the other side of the bed, my body protested with a sharp ache, as if it had been pummeled repeatedly. I grunted, reaching up to rub my throbbing forehead.

Confusion washed over me. Where was I? I went to sleep in a tent last night. My memory was just till when I got in the tent and nothing else as I glanced around the room and saw the glass bowl, the white cloth, and a container of medicine. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

Oh, crap. I had a fever. I pushed myself up from the bed, but my vision briefly went dark for a few seconds before returning. My strength seemed to have deserted me. I staggered toward the bathroom, and when I caught sight of my reflection, I gasped in horror. I looked... horrendous, as if a truck had mercilessly run over my body multiple times.

Dark circles encircled my eyes, my hair was a disheveled mess, my face appeared pale and swollen, my nose was red and swollen, and my lips were dry. What the hell had happened to me? I couldn't stand to look at myself any longer. I hastily took a shower and freshened up.

When I stepped out, dressed in jeans and a sweater, I found Amara sitting on the bed with a concerned expression. Her eyes immediately landed on me, and she rushed over. "Are you alright? How's your fever? Are you feeling dizzy?" She bombarded me with questions, her hand reaching for my forehead to check for signs of a fever.

I grumbled, moving away from her. "First, keep your distance. I still have the flu. You might catch it. And thank you for taking care of me all night. When did we come here? I can't remember a thing," I muttered as I headed toward the bed to put on my shoes.

"Sorry, Alice, but it wasn't me who was with you last night," Amara confessed with an uneasy look. My anxiety grew as I wondered who had been by my side, witnessing my childish behavior . I had a habit of being clingy when I was unwell, and it was something I couldn't control. My mother had to take a day off from work whenever I fell sick because if she tried to leave me I would cry a river. It is my subconscious.

"Then who was it, Amara?" I asked, my uncertainty evident in my voice.

She nervously rubbed her neck, a telltale sign that she had something to say that I probably wouldn't like. "The person who stayed up all night taking care of you was... Taehyung." My eyes widened, and I felt like I could jump out of the nearest window.

We were in the hotel dining area for lunch, and I couldn't bring myself to meet Taehyung's gaze as he approached our table and sat down. His first instinct was to reach out and place his hand on my forehead, but I instinctively flinched back.

"What's wrong, Frozen? I'm just checking," he said, pulling his hand back with a somewhat offensive look. I kept my eyes everywhere but on him. "I'm fine. No need for it. I took medication. And... thank you for taking care of me last night." I heard him chuckle softly, and my eyes reluctantly shifted to his face, which held an emotion I couldn't quite decipher. He looked relaxed, though.

"You're welcome, but please, tell me what triggers your illness next time. You nearly gave us all a heart attack," he said, locking his gaze onto mine. Our eyes seemed to communicate without words as they explored every inch of my face. Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I quickly looked away, trying to steady myself before I blurted out something foolish.

Jennie and Jisoo joined us at the table, and Jennie hugged me tightly, as if there were no tomorrow. "Oh, Ali, you scared me half to death," she pouted, pulling away, while Jisoo gave me a warm, reassuring look. "How are you feeling, Alice?" I nodded and replied, "I'm feeling much better now, thanks. I'm sorry for disturbing all of you."