chapter 5: Not interested in people's like you

Alice pov

The things he does are beyond what any sane person would do. I couldn't control the rage building inside me, wanting to kill him. He infuriates me so much that words fail to describe it. But, I had to gather myself and think of any good he might have done, so I don't act on that anger. The consequences would be severe, and I can't risk ruining my life by killing someone like him, even if he acts like a baby at 27. I'd end up in jail instead of my office.

"Okay, Alice, take a deep breath and cool down," I told myself, trying to regain composure.

Even with my eyes closed, I could hear them whispering, "Do you think I'll survive this, baby bear?"

"Not even 1 percent. You're done for, Tae. I'll pray for your soul in the afterlife," my sister's voice oozed desperation.

"I can hear you both," I replied coldly, turning to see them giving me that 'caught red-handed' look, like when you find your kids with chocolate all over their faces, pretending they didn't eat it.

"It wasn't my fault, Ms. Frozen. Your sister here is the reason for the disaster, and my involvement as well."

"Hey! I was trying to help you, traitor," Amara scowled and smacked his back hard. Taehyung winced, rubbing his upper back and shoulder where she hit him.

"Alice, you can kill him. I thought of ways to save him, but he betrayed us, and cheaters have no place here," she hissed at him. Taehyung's eyes widened, and in the next moment, he was pouting with teary eyes.

Amara shook her head. "No, it won't work this time. I've saved your butt many times before, but now you have to face the consequences for falsely accusing me, you jerk."

I stood there with my mouth wide open, watching them bicker like siblings. A burning feeling churned in my stomach. They seemed more like siblings than my sister and I. That damn Kim Taehyung stole my only sister.

"If you're so sure about this, baby bear," Taehyung made a face like he was about to face a firing squad, which I'm also considering. "Give me one last goodbye hug." He opened his arms wide, and Amara eyed him suspiciously. But before she could react, he embraced her tightly as if it was his last chance to do so.

I felt confused. Were they really that clueless, or were they playing some game to fool me? I locked eyes with Taehyung, and he gave me a mischievous grin. I couldn't quite figure out what he was up to, but then it hit me.

When he pulled away, it became clear – Amara's white clothes were stained with the same ink that was on Taehyung. He did it on purpose.

Amara cursed when she saw the mess. "I'm going to kill you, Tae!" She took slow steps towards him.

"Both of you, stop now!" I exclaimed, finally getting frustrated by their immature behavior.

"Do you also want a hug, Miss Frozen? I think you need to chill out," Taehyung took a step closer to me, but he stopped when I shot him a threatening glare. He should know not to play foolish tricks with me.

"I've had enough of you, sis. Go back, and you, Mr. Kim, I believe you never take things seriously."

A throat-clearing noise made me turn around, and there was Jimin, still standing there behind me, looking at the three of us with a soft and charming smile. I had almost forgotten he was here. Just as I was about to speak, the door opened, and two women walked inside, giggling.

"You know, I'm excited for today's concert, and I even faked being sick so I wouldn't have to give the report, which is due tomorrow."

However, they stopped in their tracks when they saw us in the room. Both of them gasped as if they had seen a ghost, but their eyes were fixed on one person – Taehyung.