Chapter 8

A/N: Thank you for the 1k reads.

Melo's POV

I was wondering around the city still in no sight on anyone from the resistance, couldn't find Yuto or Shay...man why does it happen to us? but I can't give up I have to continue on finding them.

-meanwhile-

Carl's POV

After we made it home Yuya asked me if he could come over for dinner since his mom will be out of town for a bit, but she won't be back until later tonight, we both don't know why though, I told him that he could come, just not to tell Sora, since he's probably finishing his duel. Well, I'm not used to cook for two people but is a start the first and last time I did was with Dad he said that my cooking was good almost thought that Mom was the one who cooked... Well, I guess being good at cooking runs in the mother side of the family speaking of family I found a book that I think is mom's family recipe book and most of them are Hispanic food and some Asian food I guess I'm half Hispanic well at least both lives have something in common. I decided to make some just a simple curry but with yellow rice with pigeon peas just to mix both cultures in a way so I'm not that good with creativity, but I can try.

-little time skip-

Once I'm almost finishing cooking, I hear the door knocking I lower the stove's heat and walk to the door and open it and then I see Yuya smiling at me which I give him back a small one 

"Hey welcome, come in" I said as Yuya walks in

"Your house seems nice" he said as he takes off his shoes.

I closed the door "thanks...Did you let your mom, know?" I then asked him.

"he nodded yeah, she told me that I might have to stay the night here since she probably won't be home till morning" he explained as he places his bag down "h-hope you don't mind" he said nervously.

I shook my head "not at all I would like that, I just have to take a call my parents since apparently they have to stay in work overnight... apparently their work has been tight these days from the upcoming attacks" I said.

"Speaking of jobs what your parents work at?" Yuya asked.

"Oh, he's a police officer and Mom's a hospital nurse" I replied.

"And they trust you enough to be home alone?" he asks me again.

"I took self-defense classes and can cook, speaking of cook take a seat I'm sure dinner is done by now" I said While walking back to the kitchen to check on the food and it looks magnificent, I begin to set the plates and place them on the dining table. 

"Well here you go" I said

we both clap our hands together "Itadakimasu!" we both said. 

I took a bite of my own plate and my eyes widened with shock "Wow this is good" I said to myself.