Rune Factory 4: A shiver ring for your shiver eyes (Doug x Frey) 💝

Today is the day, I confessed.
Saying "I love you", with flushed cheeks and a bumping heart.
It took awhile, going to the forest of beginnings and saving Venti, but after all that time I finally found the right moment to say it.

That day when we looked off of at the view of melody street on the staircase facing the faraway scenery below and up high, where you blatantly told me you liked me by describing my features as your type, I played dumb though maybe I really was dumb, because at that time I didn't know why my heart was beating so rapidly, and why my face burned.

But today those feelings are loud and clear to me, as I poured my heart to you.
Your face is shocked as you swing your arms back and your body recoiled in surprise, flushed cheeks as the whites of your eyes grew, it must be a huge surprise for the girl you basically told you liked a few days ago to suddenly confess to you, even though at that time she was so dense that she flat out asked you who you were talking about.

I like that face, I liked it every time I saw it, like when you try to pretend you don't care about granny Blossom and act tough, then get embarrassed when we point it out. My heart always seemed to spring forth whenever I saw your flushed cheeks and that playful smile.
I love-
Your crimson hair.
Your smile.
And your silver eyes that seem to captivate me into their gleam and sparkle.

I've already made a shiver ring to resemble your eyes, and with your name carefully engraved on it, its pinkish-red gem to match your hair. It sits inside a box made to be open by your hands. I actually brought it here today, it was in my hand as I waited for your answer the day after I confessed, though it's a little early for it, so I'll keep it in my pocket and wait for the time to come.

Right now we're coming up with nicknames for each other, "honey" is what I wish to call you but that's also a wee too soon, so instead I will call you my darling.
'Wha- never mind,' his ears were red, this reaction alone is enough make me settle my past grievances of not being able to call him honey yet.
'Then I'll call you... mine...' Doug muffled himself with his hand covering his mouth, as his face started to become as red as his hair.
'Hm? What did you say darling?' I poked my head near his face as I used my hand to frame my ear.
'Nothing!' He hastily pushed me away, he blocked my view with his palm. But I saw a glimpse of his red face hidden behind the hand he had placed on it to hide it, just like what he was doing to obscure my vision.

He let go of my face, and continued to think of what to call me, 'I'll call you... god, how didja come up with a name so quickly! Uhh, Rey...?' He ruffled his hair with one hand, as he looked at me expectingly.
I like it, but I had kinda wished he made a pet-name instead of a nickname, 'Okay! If that's what my darling wants!' I pumped my two fist. When we get married, I'm goanna make you call me honey no matter what, and you won't be able to refuse!
My darling and lovely sweetheart Doug.

Never would I have thought we'd both propose to each other on the same day. When you shouted your love for me off the roof of the castle, 'I love you! So marry me! Come on. Please?!'
And after that I got up there myself, and got on one knee and gave you the ring I crafted two years ago. The one that has waited to be worn by you, but now it no longer waits to be placed upon the hand it was crafted for, because now you are wearing it.

I think two years was a bit too long for me, like comeon whyd'ja have to take so long, heh, but the wait was worth it. The ring on my finger, the one with my name inscribed in it, is the greatest gift I could have ever received after these long happy years of dating.

***
'God... your really dense when you wanna be...' Doug held my hand as he basically dragged me out the inn.
'Hm?' I titled my head, whatever could he be talking about? In all seriousness I had no idea, I guess after all this time I've reverted back to my dense self, maybe God was just being nice, and let me realise his feelings so I could confess.
'Ugh... what will I do with my gullible wife who can't tell when someone's hitting on her. Heh, guess I'll just have to be there to protect you!' Ah I see, my husband was scared I would be taken away, not like that would ever happen. His smile beamed as he talked of protecting me from other guys, and I smiled along with him as our grip on each other's hands grew tighter.
We made our way back to our two little babies at home.

What should I make for dinner tonight? I found myself unconsciously saying in my head, I've really become a mother, haven't I?
A smile, it curved on my lip, and my eyes felt watery, I'm really the happiest wife.

-Author's footnote
I'm actually so happy with this one, even though it's the shortest one I've made so far, this is a ship I've been dying to write about since I played the game. And now that I've done it, I can't wait to write about the other marriage candidates!
Author Shea signing off!