Genshin Impact: Lost poetry. (Mondstadt's longing God: Epilogue) ❤️🩹/💔/⏳/🤍(?)

Note. This could (I think) be read without reading the prior oneshot.

You wandered through the ruins of an old, lost, and abandoned city, it was once in the centre of a giant lake, but nowadays the place they called Cider Lake had long been drained of whatever cider was once there, and was replaced with an overgrowing and open cavern splitting the landscape into slopes.

A giant forest grew inside its reach, deterring anyone who dared looked for the wind powered city lost deep inside. That was where, the once grand city of freedom was now buried deep within the cavern's vast forest.

You had to cut through countless vines and trees to even get here.

So, you decided that since it was such a long journey here, and very exhausting to boot. You would take your time and rest for a bit. Maybe one of these buildings were stable enough for you to take a breather in, especially with this sun.

Your head gazed upward toward the sky, your forearm guarding your eyes as you looked at the awning sun, bringing the land heat and the energy things like trees needed to survive.

Once upon a time, you wished to see what the sun looked like up-close. Per your imagination, you would always think of yourself soaring through the stars and surfing through the milky way, as you journeyed through the land of galaxy printed skies, with the stars as your guide.
You'd even imagined an imaginary friend who would go on these journeys with you, you called him... Right, what did you call him? It's been so long, you don't remember.

'Hug~' You groaned, as you bended into your knees and breathed heavily through burning breaths. Today was too hot.

You swatted off some sweat that had built on your forehead. Then searched in your bag for the water flask you brought, and took a hefty chug and tossed it back into your ramshackle brown sack, which was the only bag you had that could carry everything you needed.

Your eyes strolled through the city's buildings, this seemed to be some sort of store area, as the place you entered appeared to have once been a gate. It must've been stunning when it was still standing, You imagined it in your head.

In your imagination you saw: Children running through the streets, dandelions at the entry's garden of sorts, and a little boy who fed the pigeons all day on the bridge into the city.

Since it was once on a lake you concluded there must have been a bridge of some sorts. Maybe that's what those bricks were, you thought back to your journey here. You'd seen countless fallen grey, and cracked bricks looking sort of like a path in the dirt, they led you straight to this gate.

But anyways, now that you were out of your imagination. You only saw, bursting with weeds, and broken-down flowerbeds. Grass overgrowing all over the once solid ground of bricks in patches, while the aged buildings that had corroded with time looked as if they were wailing with the sun's heat.

Then for an instant, you swore you felt a breeze, which had long stopped blowing since... the fall of the Anemo Archon, and the fall of Celestia who could no longer appoint a new God.

You turned to the way you felt the slight sliver of wind and the saw the light of Anemo peeking from down an alleyway looking place. Vines grew across the buildings that were left, and attached to the trees that now guarded this place in place of the stone walls that once were this city's driving force of protection.

You started to run after the light, not truly knowing why. You saw to your side as you started to chase after the teal light, rags of cloth and crates once filled with something, now left to rot.

Maybe this was once a market place of sorts, you contemplated as you looked at what you thought to be broken stalls.

You imagined; a man selling fruits and a young maiden madly in love with a dark duke sort of person, the maiden sold flowers alongside a little girl. Who was the one actually running the flower store? You didn't know, perhaps the little girl did.