11 - Nauseous thoughts

Aemma was still exhausted when she heard someone speaking to her through the wooden door

Aemma was still exhausted when she heard someone speaking to her through the wooden door. She didn't know how many hours she had slept, but it wasn't enough. She just wanted to sleep and never wake up.

"Princess, may I come in ?" Deria.

Aemma groaned and kept her face in the pillows. "Princess, the queen has been asking for you.." The handmaiden stepped into the room and Aemma almost threw something at her.

Her head was hurting her so much. She needed it to stop.

"Whatever for ?" She asked without raising her head.

"I believe she has organized a lunch with the rest of the royal family princess." Deria mumbled and Aemma just wanted to fly back to Dragonstone.

A family lunch. How ironic. "Tell her I'm not feeling well." She whispered to the older girl but she had to raise her eyes to catch her gaze and frowned when she realized that Deria was not moving.

"I'm afraid she truly wishes for you to come." She said and Aemma sat up.

Of course she did. She forced a smile and shushed the servant out of her room before grabbing the first dress she saw and putting it on, ignoring the pain in her lower back.

Bloodfyre had started nesting. And Aemma could only hope that it wouldn't last long.

She smiled at her knight who just frowned in response and grabbed her arm to help her go down the stairs. "Are you okay ?" Trystane whispered as she leaned on his forearm trying to ignore the black spots appearing in her vision.

"Bloodfyre has started nesting." She just said and it was enough for the knight to put aside his worry.

She had always been tired when Bloodfyre was about to lay a clutch of eggs, he couldn't imagine that his princess had barely eaten in Driftmark and that the lack of strength in her body wasn't caused by Bloodfyre's nesting but by the lack of food in her stomach.

So the Dornish knight just helped her down the stairs and Aemma forced a smile before entering the dining room where the rest of the family was already gathered.

The very smell of food filling her nose was enough to make her feel nauseous but she didn't want to make a spectacle so she walked toward what had become her seat and listened to the prayer the queen had requested -not without rolling her eyes at the mention of the fighting of the stepstones.
As if the queen actually cared about house Velaryon, as if those gods made of stones could be of any help to her grandfather.

She respected the faith of the seven, but she didn't believe in those gods and she was surprised to see that Aemond seemed devout to the faith. Hands joined, eye closed, lips parted as he was probably reciting a prayer, he looked like Alicent's perfect dutiful and faithful son. Nothing like Aegon who had just yawned and had filled his cup with wine when his mother had started praying.