14 - Green gifts

Cutting a slice of her peach, the princess absently listened to whatever the queen had to say

Cutting a slice of her peach, the princess absently listened to whatever the queen had to say. Alicent had organized another family breakfast and Aemma was awfully missing her own family.

Seated in front of a reading Aemond, and next to a mumbling Helaena, she was trying not to fall asleep.

"Will you be joining us, princess ?" Alicent suddenly said, and Aemma raised her head to look at her when she realized that she was the one the queen was talking to.

"Joining you ?" She asked, forced to admit that she had not been paying attention.

"Yes, the seamstresses have brought the gowns you've chosen, we'll make some adjustments, will you be joining us ?" She repeated and Aemma's mouth flew open, trying to find a suitable excuse.

"No, I... I will extract Bloodfyre's eggs and fly them to Dragonstone." She said with a small smile.

Alicent frowned. "Can't the dragon keepers take care of it ?"

"Not if they want to remain whole." She replied, making Helaena chuckle at the memory of Aemma telling her how her brother had nearly been eaten alive by the Red beast.

"Aemond can relate." She said, putting a grape in her mouth and her betrothed directly rose his head, as if the mere name of his brother had made him sober up instantly.

"What ?" He asked, as he reached for a strawberry on the tart in front of him and ate it, making his mother scold him for his behavior.

"Aemond tried to steal the eggs." Helaena explained and all the eyes turned toward the young prince who sighed.

"You told her about that ?" Aemond asked his niece pissed that his whole family would know about this event.

Aemma frowned, raising her eyes toward her uncle. Of course she had told her about that, she was her best friend. "Shouldn't I have ?" She innocently asked, she knew telling his sister about his attempt to study her eggs would piss him off. Of course, being saved by his little niece was not worthy of the terrifying Aemond One-Eye Targaryen.

"Why did you try to steal her eggs ?" Alicent asked before her son could reply.

"I did not try to steal her eggs." He replied, eye locked on his stupid annoying niece who kept cutting small slices of peach and eating them.

"No, he was studying them." Helaena said, in a false attempt the defend her brother before laughing again, Aemma quickly followed her laughter.

"Well," Aegon started, taking another strawberry. "If our beautiful niece will extract the clutch today," He put it in his mouth and said, with a filthy smirk. "Aemond should go with her, to study the eggs." He said, unabashedly eying Aemma's breast.

Aemma's laughter instantly stopped.

Aemond's eye darted on his older brother.