Chapter 1

"Y/n, I swear to God, if you don't get up, I will throw a bucket of water on you." I heard my mom yell. I covered my ears with my pillow so that I don't need to hear her. I wanted to lie on this comfortable bed for 5 more minutes. But I was hearing footsteps approaching my room.

Shit, she must be here. I will just act like I haven't even woken up.

I could hear my mother entering the room and switching off the AC was the first thing she did. "Lee Y/n, if you don't get up-" I didn't let her complete the sentence as I sat up on my bed with a pout. She was furious. If I make her more mad, I have no idea if  slipper, spatula or broom would be her next weapon against me.

"Come on, get up now if you don't want to be late." Mom ordered. I rubbed my eyes to chase my sleepiness away. "Mom, can I skip school today?" I spoke in a low tone. Slipper coming in 1....2....3...

"You enjoyed a whole month of summer break lying on your bed. It's the first day of school after the summer break, you've got to go." She did not hit me...or got mad. Yeah, maybe she's right.

It's just that I want to avoid school. I hate my school. I detest from going there. I would be the happiest human on earth if the school gets destroyed because of a disaster.

But in reality, I had to go. My attendance was already unimaginably low. I skip classes often, what do you expect. If my attendance continues to be like this, I would not be allowed to appear for the finals.

So, basically, I had no choice. I lazily got up from my bed that I did not want to leave. "What should I make for breakfast?" Mom asked as I wore my slippers. "Cereal." I lazily walked to do my morning tasks.

"Be a little fast,uh? At this rate, you will reach school tomorrow." Mom scolded as I was brushing my teeth. I wish I never even reached school. That school isn't a school. It's a whole nightmare on it's own.

Getting to your final year really changes your opinions about your school. You just get too lazy to attend school everyday. High school ruins you. That's what I believe and have witnessed.

I wash up, get into my uniform and sit for my breakfast while my mom sits on a chair across me. "Aren't you going to get your results today?" I slowly nodded. "I know you did well." She passed me a smile.

Well, another problem was that today, we are supposed to get the results of the test that was conducted just before the start of the summer break. I mean, I did pretty good but I'm not really satisfied with what I scrabbled onto the paper. I am under-confident but my mother expects a lot from me.

I stare at the bowl of cereals that was placed right infront of me. My mind goes blank as if I couldn't hear or see anything besides this bowl. This looks delicious. I wish I could enjoy all of it. I cautiously stuff two spoons of cereals into my mouth and get up from my seat.

"Are you done already?" Mom looked concerned. I nodded. "You're going to feel unwell later." She said. "I won't." I started packing my bag. "An elementary school kid eats more than you." She started nagging. "Good for them." I replied.

"You really should eat in a good amount or else you're going to faint just like you did a few weeks back!" Mom's eyes softened. She was right. I did faint a few weeks back because I was not eating enough.

"I cook so many different types of dishes for you and you don't even glance at them. It worries me!" Mom rose up from her seat. I finished packing all my necessary items in my bag. "Bye mom, I'm running late." I ignore her lecture.

She looked like she was about to explode and all the destruction would be done on me. But then she let out a deep breath as if she was trying to control herself. "Your lunch?" She questions.

"I will eat at the canteen with the others." I throw my bag over my shoulder. I lied. I don't eat at the canteen. I don't even eat lunch. My next meal would probably be the dinner at home. I unplug my phone that was put on charge.

"Bye mom!" I kiss my mom on the cheek. "Bye..." She sounded disappointed. I couldn't help it. Someone always ought to be disappointed in me because of some reason.

"I hope my school gets doomed." I breathe out as I step outside the door and I start walking for school. My school is at a walking distance from my home. It isn't much far, so, I walk to school everyday. But I don't walk alone. I have friends. Surprise? I guess?

I walk for around 5 minutes and then I see Kiara waving at me after she catches a sight of me as I approach her house that was on the way to school.

That's Kiara, Kiara Hwang, an exchange student from Canada, my friend since middle school. She is calm, friendly and mostly serious. I think she is my favourite among all my friends. We even have the same classes and we're in the same section.

"Hey!" She smiles. "Hey..." I try to smile back. I look around if I could catch a glimpse of her mother. My mom has clearly warned me to greet my friends' parents if I see them. It won't be a good thing to my internet connection if she gets any complaint that I saw someone's parent and did not greet them. Asian mom much?

But I let out a sigh of relief as I couldn't find anyone. "Are you looking for someone?" Kiara asks. I shake my head. We both start walking towards that hell called school again. "I really don't want to go." Kiara sighed out.

"Same. I literally want to go home right now. I'm sick of the day already." I say. "The classes haven't even started and you're already sick of it?" Kiara giggles. I shrug in response with a scoff.

We walk for around 7 minutes until we meet other two of my friends at the intersection. "Y/n!!!!!" Yuna [A/N: NOT THE ONE FROM ITZY] runs across the road as soon as she sees me. She throws herself on me. "I missed you!" She exclaims.

"Can't relate." I say as she lets go of me. Yuna pouts. "yeah I know, you never replied to all my texts during the vacation!" "I was busy." I reply. "Yeah, heaven knows who you people are always busy with." Yuna said. "Many people." I whisper in a low tone.

"Morning, Y/n, morning, Kiara." Michiko finally crosses the road too. "It took you this long to cross the road?" Yuna asks. "It's because of her old age, don't mind her." I add. Michiko winked at me. "She's right." Looks like she has accepted her fate of being called an oldie.

"You know, I had a nightmare last night." Kiara said as we started walking. "What is it?" Michiko questioned. "That our area is being attacked by zombies." Kiara's eyes grew dark. "Seriously?" Yuna scoffed.

"Don't you worry, if zombies actually come, I'd be the knight in shining armour to save all of you. Now, come on, we know all of you are weak. Especially Y/n, she even fears a chicken, she would pass out if she sees a zombie!" Yuna laughed.

I smiled as a response. I really wanted to bring up her fear of any sorts of insects, reptiles, ghosts, dark, and the 792916799 others but I chose not to speak as I have reasons.

"You probably saw it as a nightmare because of the memes." Michiko said. "What memes?" I turned around to face her and Michiko and Kiara were walking behind me and Yuna. Yuna scoffed. "Oh y/n, why are you so oblivious? Haven't you seen the memes?"

I shook my head. Oh yes, for your information, I am walking while facing backwards. One of my talents *winks*

Sorry for that. One of my other 281901 personalities did that. "There are memes all over the internet that North Korea had some dispute with our government because of some border issues and therefore they have created a virus. A zombie virus." Kiara narrowed her eyes.

"Those are just rumours. People just want tea. Zombies ain't real." Michiko said. I passed her a smile and turned around as we have almost reached our school gate. But I suddenly bumped into something hard.

I touch the part of my forehead that I hit while looking up at what I hit. It was someone's chest. It wasn't just any random 'someone'.

It was him.....