Chapter 31

This time the squad had a lot more people. However, it wasn't really much of a convenience as even though when the door opened, the zombies weren't around but as we marched forward, we came across many of them but everyone was trying to just save themselves, instead of working as a team.

Except for Taehyun, Yeonjun and Beomgyu. Even with one arm, Beomgyu was doing fine with Taehyun and Yeonjun's help. I fought a few zombies as well.

I was too determined to leave this place to have any fear holding me back. Right now, it's just do or die.

Though some of the students were attacked down on the way, even after Professor Namjoon tried to help, Taehyun, Yeonjun, Beomgyu and me had managed to reach the exit of the school building.

To our luck, we could see a helicopter a little far in the sky that looked like it was coming towards this direction. We looked back at Professor Namjoon who nodded back at us, gesturing that this was the helicopter that is here for us.

He advised us to wait by the exit till the helicopter arrives. So, we did. Not much zombies approached us while we were there as because we tried our best not to make any noise.

Within a while, the Helicopter while making that huge noise reached the air over the school ground. "Now!" Professor Namjoon ordered as soon as the rescuers (one of which was my brother) dropped the ladder. The helicopter however still was a little too high for us to grab the ladder. I'm assuming that they'll lower it when the students get closer.

We rushed to the helicopter but noticed that the zombies had did it too. Everyone started pushing the zombies off, striking them out of the way.

However, the zombies seemed like they were willing to get to the helicopter as much as we did. They didn't back off. They attacked us as well. But since the helicopter's noise was much louder than any noise we made, most of the zombies were leaping towards the helicopter, in attempt to attack it.

Holy Lord! just get the fuck out! I realised that some of the survivors who got out of the library along with us were taken down by the zombies. Lucky us, all of us had survived.

And finally after what seemed like a lifetime of attempts,we got closer to the helicopter and, the helicopter was lowered.

But the zombies seemed to like the ladder as they were all surrounding it. "Oh my God!" Beomgyu exclaimed and slide a blade across the neck of a zombie. The zombie did get out of the way, owing to it. But another zombie seemed to get upset over it as it decided to attack Beomgyu from behind.

The teeth of the zombie had just reached Beomgyu's neck when Yeonjun decided to shove a baseball bat into it's mouth and push away the zombie along with the bat.

We were busy ourselves as we had to fight off zombies to help Yeonjun. Yeonjun somehow managed to get surrounded by zombies and he was taken down by them.

Me, Taehyun and Beomgyu did exchange a look at it but we couldn't make any noise. We shouldn't. All of us were engaged in shoving off the zombies that were attacking us.

So,we had no choice but to witness one of our dearest friends being taken down by the zombies. I couldn't exactly see what was happening, but all the zombies had dominated over him.

But did we have time to grief over it? No matter what a shock it was, no matter how much we wanted to help, we couldn't. The situation did let us.

"Get on!" Professor Namjoon didn't care about making the sound while he stroke off the last zombie that was beside the ladder. Beomgyu managed to climb through the ladder with much struggle because of having a single arm.

A zombie had tried to attack me while I was handling another. Professor Namjoon took it down and helped me to get to the ladder. Yes climbing up the ladder wasn't an easy task. I never did that. But a strange strength arouse in my body because of the situation that I had managed to climb up.

"Y/n!" My brother, Yoongi pulled me up. He helped me sit on the seat. "Are you okay?" Yoongi started examining me while he sat across me. However, all my attention was towards Taehyun.

I could spot Professor Namjoon taking  the rest of the students into the school, probably to the library again as he couldn't see a possibility of them for escaping while Taehyun was climbing up the ladder.

But to the bad side, zombies had managed to tangle themselves to the ladder. Several of them. Right behind Taehyun.

The helicopter started picking up height. It was getting colder. The weather had turned cloudy as well in addition to the roaring helicopter.

The helicopter flew higher to avoid getting any more zombies onto the ladder. Taehyun was still not close enough to be pulled up. He was struggling with zombies trying to snatch his feet.

"Hurry up!!" I exclaimed as I watched him. Taehyun looked behind him once and seemed to have noticed the flock of zombies. He tried to hurry his pace. But in occurance of unwanted events, a zombie's face was right beside his feet.

And...it...it bit him....

No matter how hard Taehyun tried to kick it away. The zombie had no intention of going away. It bored it's teeth into Taehyun skin while he winced in pain.

W-what's gonna happen now?

Taehyun's eyes which looked very emotional at that moment glanced up at me. "I love you Y/n." Taehyun beamed a smile at me and then took out his knife to cut away the rope ladder right near where he was.

And.... And.... He fell off with the zombies....

"TAEHYUN!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as it grew harder to breathe. I bolted forward while Yoongi and a single-handed Beomgyu struggled to hold me back.

I watched him fall off. He didn't show any sign of fear but I was the one in misery.  It felt like the ground below me had collapsed and I was the one falling into the core of the earth.

My heart was heavy, my brain was vacant and my eyes saw just darkness infront of them.