Chapter 14

After a while, everyone was equipped with non-conventional arms. Yeonjun was at the window frame, ready to jump out of it. He gave a last look at everyone. All of us nodded at him as a response. I heard him take in a breath before jumping right out of the window.

He landed on the floor, with a loud thud. Through the window, I saw him looking sideways, checking if zombies were there. It wasn't too long before he looked up at us. "Everything is clear. You can come down." Yeonjun informed.

Taehyun jumped right after him, followed by Beomgyu,Soobin and Hueningkai. But Yeonjun's tell at us must've brought what they were to them. Some zombies who were at that floor must've heard them.

We saw two zombies rush towards them. One almost bit Hueningkai, but Taehyun was successful is throwing the zombie out of the balcony. On the other hand, the other zombie was taken out by Yeonjun with the help of Beomgyu. They managed to knock it out.

Yuna was next to jump out of the window as decided. "S-should we just stay here?" Yuna suggested. "We agreed to do it together." Kiara reasoned. "But they're getting attacked down there!" Yuna reasoned.

"You snatched that leg of chair out of my hand and handed me this mere steel scale just to use the leg of the chair for decoration?" Kiara argued. "But... I don't want to get eaten by those monsters!" Yuna whinned.

"Stop being a coward and jump out!" Kiara said, rather loudly. "How dare you raise your voice at me?" Yuna scoffed. Just when Kiara was about to say something, Yuna pushed her out of the window after saying, "Well, okay, you go first then."

With that, Yuna.... Yuna threw Kiara out of the window. But while doing so, Yuna slipped out of the window with Kiara too. I gasped. What do I do now?

Yuna had landed on her butt onto the floor of the balcony but Kiara had kept falling. Soobin seemed to have noticed it. He flung out an arm to help her out but it turned out as a bad plan as he fell down along with Kiara.

I wasted no time to jump out of the window without any second thoughts myself and landed onto the balcony. I did land on my legs but my legs were rather shaky as I saw the sight of Kiara and Soobin's bodies landing on the ground below us.

Their bodies landed on the ground of the side-alley of the school. They fell from the first floor. There was no way that they would die because of it. They did seem to bleed a little. I felt Taehyun's presence beside mine. He was looking down at them too.

I was about to yell at them to encourage them to get up, but chose not to. One by one, zombies were approaching us. The others were trying their best to handle them. In this situation, it would be the best to not attract more zombies towards us.

But below us, the loud thump that accompained their fall seemed to bring zombies to them. Just the moment the two were regaining their senses and were about to get up, several zombies leapt around them.

The zombies jumped onto them, trapping them and then... They attacked them... They bit them.

I was breathing heavily... Kiara... She was the closest friend I had. The friend who had helped me go through that terrible breakup with Taehyun. The one who was always there for me and now....

Just then Taehyun creeped his hand to my shoulder and turned me around. "Don't look." He said. But what I saw now wasn't appealing either. The others were struggling to keep up with the zombies that have come to us now.

Yeonjun who had held a baseball bat in the mouth of a zombie, looked over his shoulder at us as he muttered to us to signal that we should leave this spot. Taehyun nodded at him, determined.

Taehyun wasted no time to take my hand in his and hold tight onto it. He then sprinted towards the stairs that weren't too far across the balcony. But danger wasn't gone. We were coming across several zombies.

But Taehyun tried his very best to stride them out of our way. He showed no mercy and landed each one of the zombies that approached us to the ground. I had noticed that the zombies had increased in number to a great extent.

The others were closely following behind us with Yeonjun at the end. I would be proud to say that I had made one zombie bleed from it's head with a strike from this hair straightener that I held.

I was too mad. I will never forgive these zombies and this situation that is arising that has taken away my bestfriend from me.

We had finally managed to reach the ground floor. But, the ground floor was flooded with zombies, much more than the first or second floors.

A zombie leapt at Taehyun just after we had reached the ground floor. It made his hand leave mine as the zombie had pinned him onto the ground a few feets away from me. Many other zombies had joined in too.

I didn't dare to make a noise. So, they didn't seem to notice me. I looked over my shoulder if I could seek help but all of them were fighting their own battles. I looked down at the straightener in my hand and them at Taehyun who was struggling to keep up with the zombies.

I can't just let him get eaten like this. I looked around myself and caught a glimpse of a fire extinguisher which was hung on the wall right beside the stairs. I had to do something.

I hurried to bring it down. It was in my hands now. But... The major question is.. how do I use it? Should I throw it right at the zombies?