Chapter 5

Our teacher placed the chalk on the table and walked towards the door to peep out to know what really was going on. But it was evident on her face that she had the exact expectation that I had.

We saw her face getting pale and her eyes flaunting open. She let out a shrilled yell. She started walking backwards. And then we saw something we never even imagined to see in real life.

A zombie.

It was a walking dead. It had blood all over it's body. It was making horrifying noises and looked none less than a monster. It did not even slightly look like a human. It hobbled towards our teacher as she kept screaming.

She took steps back until her back hit the back of the wall that was adjoining to the wall where the board was.

The zombie jumped at the teacher and pinned her on the floor as it started biting her neck crazily.

The students held onto their desks at first as they were to startled to know what to do. But just as one of the student started rushing out of the class, the others followed as they were aware of what's going to come after this.

I felt my hand being dragged by Kiara who snapped me out of my thoughts that included nothing but terror. I wasted no time to grab my bag, get up and ran or actually be dragged by Kiara. We ran towards the right along with other students.

I could see that the students were getting wilder and wilder. Some had fallen onto the ground because of the pushes from other students but no one seemed to mind those on the floor. Everyone acted as if they were nothing but a part of the ground and ran right over them.

I won't say that I am much of a saint as I myself ran over someone's arm without looking back. Everyone was doing so. I could even hear people on the ground, groaning in pain. It seemed as if they even broke their bones.

But no one seemed to mind it. Everyone was busy, running for their lives. I once glanced back to see that the history teacher had now turned into a zombie as well and had started chasing the students who yelled out for their lives.

"How the fuck did this demon even get in?!" We heard someone yell as all the students ran towards the exit of the school building. "The gatekeeper had opened the gate to take a look if they were fine and saw the zombie. He started to yell which attracted the zombie and then, in panic, the gatekeeper left the gate open and ran away to save his life." Another student yell back.

"Is the gate keeper a moron?!" Kiara ran with me. "He sure is." I said as we finally reached the back of the school and we could climb this wall to escape this place.

But as soon as wer reached there, we saw students questioning what to do and start getting scattered around from the place instead of jumping through the walls that weren't too high and get out of this place of terror.

"W-what happened?" Kiara panted out to one of the Minji, one of the students. "T-the field at the on the other side of the wall... Someone climbed up the wall just to see that this place is surrounded by scattered zombies." Minji bit her lip, anxious.

"Come with me." I dragged Kiara this time. I lead her through the alley beside the school building to get to the centre of the school building. We in no way can run to our destination through the route we came from. Zombies have invaded that area.

We got into the building and went straight to the girls washroom. I tried to push the door of the washroom but it seemed to be locked from the inside. I could hear several noises of gasps from the inside.

It must be crowded. "We're not zombies. We're students." I say through the door. The other person must've heard it. The door was opened, revealing Yunjin. She stepped aside for me and Kiara to walk in. Yunjin closed the door after we walked in.

It was even more crowded than I expected it to be. It was filled with girls from different classes. Everyone was overcome with fear. They were literally shaking in terror, not knowing what to do.

I let go of Kiara's hand. I could finally inhale some air. Okay, Y/n, calm down. There's no profit of panicking. I might just make wrong decisions if I panic. My goal should be to get out of here safely.

I was never someone with much confidence. But now, I needed to be confident. I needed to be strong and make the right decisions if I don't want to get turned into a walking dead. One wrong decision, and I'll end up like those undead.

Just then we spot two similar faces, Yuna and Michiko approach us. After a session of 'are you okay's. We decide to stay put in here until it's safe to go out.

But will it be safe to go out. Zombies don't decrease. I can guarantee that they will just increase in number which will lead to the decrease in the chances of going out. Are we even making the right decision of staying here?

I don't know. I have no idea if I'm making the right decision but all I know is that I am alive and I need to keep it that way.

"You managed to bring your bag?" Yuna points at my bag. "Y-yes. I have my phone in there." I reason. Just then I realise. I have my phone with me now and little time to call my mom to assure if she's alright.

"Ofcourse, you need your phone. Such a phone addict!" Yuna scoffed. "Can you stop for once?" Kiara snapped at Yuna. "What do you want to say?" Yuna fought back. "I need to call my mom." I said.

It shut Yuna. She probably haven't even thought of her parents. I know all she wants to do is get out of here in one piece and alive, not caring if it costed everyone's lives. But isn't that what everyone had in mind?

"Please let me call too, after you finish." Kiara requested. I nodded. I unzipped my bag and caught a hold of my phone just when one of the girl's trembling voice was heard loud and clear. It was Youngeun.

"G-guys she is bitten by a zombie!!" She pointed at her friend.