Chapter 16

Everyone's eyes landed on Yuna's phone, confusion written on our faces. "M-my phone?" Yuna wasn't sure either what Taehyun was plotting. "I have a plan." Taehyun stated. Everyone looked at him, again.

"I hope y'all aren't dumb enough to not know that zombies are are attracted to sound. They rush to wherever they hear a sound." Taehyun explained. Everyone nodded.

"Good. We will use that," Taehyun pointed at Yuna's phone, "And distract the zombies while we go grab something to eat and drink from the canteen."

"But, will the volume be loud enough?" Beomgyu questioned. "We don't have any other choice. We took much risks, we can surely take one more." Taehyun gave everyone a pleading look.

"I agree to his plan." Yeonjun stated. One by one, everyone had agreed to Taehyun's idea. "Yeonjun and Hueningkai will go and set the phone at a distance, but not too far. The zombies must hear the sound. Me, Y/n, Kiara, Beomgyu and Soobin will go to the cantee-" Taehyun was halfway through his sentence when he realised what he was speaking.

He realised that Soobin and Kiara were there with them no more. Soobin and Kiara have probably turned into zombies by now.

Everyone's face was gleaming with sorrow as they recalled what happened to Soobin and Kiara. I, myself wasn't at ease either. Oh, what would I have not done if there was any way to save them. Memories of Kiara and my past lingered in my mind.

"B-but, why does it have to be my phone?" Yuna's voice brought me back to the present. "She has a phone too with her!" Yuna gestured towards me with her eyes.

Everyone was now looking at me. "You have a phone with you right now?" Taehyun asked. I was about to answer but he spoke again. "Let me check! Why haven't you told me." He pretended to check the pocket of my skirt.

The pocket side of my skirt was towards the wall, blocking the view of the others. So, Taehyun actually hadn't touched me but he pretended to.

"Uh? Yuna? I don't really get what you're talking about? I find no traces of any phone with her." Taehyun lied. I had the phone all along in my pocket. He was lying to them.

Everyone turned around to Yuna again. "Can't believe you lied about it just because you didn't want to give away your phone." Yeonjun said. "But..." Yuna's voice seemed to have faded.

~•~

"Everyone. Please work accordingly to the plan." Yeonjun stared at everyone. All of us nodded as a response. We now had new equipments as arms. We had made many of them ourselves.

I had a broom. Taehyun had modified it by taking out the brush part and replacing it with a sharp knife that he somehow managed to fix onto the broomstick.

When the storeroom was searched thoroughly, everyone had found useful equipments in the toolbox including saw, hammer, nails, woodsaw, etc.

Taehyun had a large hammer in his grip. Yeonjun and Hueningkai who were supposed to set up the phone. They had planned to go straight through the classroom across this storeroom. Through the window of the classroom, they were planning to get out of the building to the field.

Hueningkai wasn't really determined to do the task. But Yeonjun was constantly assuring him that even though something happened to Yeonjun, he wouldn't let any harm come to Hueningkai.

"Shall I open the door then?" Yeonjun questioned. Everyone nodded. Yeonjun now managed to use a singular desk as a shield infront of him. He, with much difficulty managed to carry it in the little space we had.

He then flew the door open. No surprise was that zombies were right next to the door. However, with the help of the desk Yeonjun shoved them away. They fell back onto the floor, preventing the zombies behind to step forward.

Yeonjun, without wasting any more time dashed to the classroom, followed by Hueningkai who now too had a desk with him. Taehyun gestured to us that we should leave too.

Beomgyu got out first, holding a desk as a shield, followed by Yuna. I was behind her and Taehyun was at the end, holding another desk.

We, in a line ran out of the classroom. We encountered a few zombies which Beomgyu attacked without second thoughts. Taehyun was defending us against the zombies that came from behind us.

It was going on well until we exited the main building and had to run through some field patch before reaching the canteen.

The field was much captured by the zombies as compared to the previous placed we had been. It did give me terror to suddenly see such a huge number of these merciless creatures.

But still, we were moving towards the place we planned for. I could say that I was fighting against a few that came to us. I had much difficulty and was almost taken over but I barely managed to win the fight against them.

By this time, we heard faint music from a distance. It was in fact shocking how we were able to hear the music from this far. I recognised what music they played. Gangnam style.

Seriously? But I hope both Yeonjun and Hueningkai are able to escape safely. We noticed that all the zombies were marching towards the phone now. It did take them a little while until the area was cleared.

The canteen was in an open space. There was no entrance or exit. So, after checking from a distance that the area was safe, we started carefully towards the canteen.

But then Yuna suddenly ran out of our line. The remaining three of us gave each other a look. 'Do we have to save her?' Beomgyu's face told. Taehyun let out a sigh.

And then we dashed towards Yuna. She was running at the direction of the zombies.. why would she do that.. oh wait.. she was running in the direction of her phone.

No, that could bring in chaos. I tried my best to pick up my speed. She was halfway through when I reached her. I turned her around by her wrist. "What do you think you're doing?!" I whisper-yelled.

"M-my phone!" She looked over her shoulder. "Are you serious right now?!" I glared at her. "B-but, it has all the boys' numbe-" that's it. I landed a slap across her cheek.