Chapter 30

"But where is Hueningkai?" I heard Professor Namjoon's voice. The ground floor was in chaos when we reached there. Students were sprinting here and there as if they were searching for something.

"Oh," He seemed to notice me and Taehyun as we stepped down the last step of the staircase, "You people are alive? Good thing that you're alive even after I told you not to roam around."

"What's happening?" Taehyun completely ignored his nagging. Professor Namjoon let out a sigh of disappointment. "Hueningkai is nowhere to be found."

"What?" I gasped.

"He slept here last night unlike someone who stole my torch and went to their boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend-"

"But this morning, when everyone was up, he was not here." Professor Namjoon said.

"Since you're alive," His eyes travelled from Taehyun to me, "Go help with the search." With that, Professor Namjoon ran off. "What's up with him now." I heard Taehyun mutter under his breath. He seemed a little angry.

But I pretended as if those words never fell in my ears. "Let's go search for him." Taehyun looked down at me. I nodded. Taehyun ran off to one direction while I went to the other. There was no use of searching at the same place.

We spent a good 15 minutes, looking around each and every nook and corner of the library. Some even set off to search for him in the upper floors. However, we found no clue of him.

I went to the door of the library. I know he wouldn't be here but what's wrong about a search. No, I didn't find any Hueningkai but I did find a note on the nearest table to the door with 'READ IT' written on it.

Why would someone leave it here? I know it's not right to just go around reading this and especially at a time like this when Hueningkai has disappeared, but curiosity won over my morals.

I picked it up and unfolded the badly torn paper. It looked like it was torn off from a book. A book that probably had a blank page somewhere in the beginning or end.

I began reading it.

Hi guys....

I am Kai Kamal Huening. By the time y'all are getting this letter, I have probably been gone. But, don't you worry about me. I have disappeared on my own. I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night and noticed that Y/n was gone. I decided to go search for her when suddenly in the moonlight I noticed that I had been bitten by a zombie. I have been a nuisance and no help throughout everything. But now, I refuse to be one. So, I am walking out of the room. I'm sure that it is the right decision I made. Thank you for helping me throughout this. All of you. I wouldn't be a nuisance anymore.

- Hueningkai.

I gasped as soon as I finished reading it. No.... This can't be... "Taehyun!!" I called out for him. Taehyun was running across the room but stopped his track when he heard his name. "R-read this." I held out the note.

"This is his handwriting, in fact." Taehyun showed no emotion in his voice after he had finished reading the note. Everyone had gathered around him, trying to catch a glimpse of the note.

Yeonjun collapsed onto the nearest seat. His face even though didn't show much expressions. However, it was evident that he was feeling extremely sorry.

Taehyun ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "When are we going? We should leave before anyone else dies." Beomgyu said. "J-just have the breakfast and then at around 10 or 5 minutes to 9, you may leave." Professor Namjoon struggled to speak. He walked away.

Taehyun crushed the note in his hand and then shoved it into his pocket. Taehyun looked mad. Mad at what exactly I couldn't really tell. However, he looked like he was ready to kill any zombie that came in his way.

"Let's go eat. We have to leave." Taehyun said under his breath. The crowd around him slowly dispersed as everyone proceeded to get their breakfast while sitting on the floor.

I sat between Taehyun and Beomgyu. Almost everyone ate in silence, except from the few whispers from a distance. Taehyun didn't speak a word either. He munched onto his food with a determined face which actually looked like a cover-up for what he was really feeling.

The other boys didn't show any sign of sadness on their faces. However, the serious look on their faces represented something more than just sadness.

Evryone looked like they were getting ready for a war. While the sunlight was slowly filling in the room more and more brightly, the little whispers faded away as well.

Everyone just continued to feed themselves without minding any other business. No matter if the person was to go out or not, no one made any disturbance.

Professor Namjoon looked hesitant to send young students out there all by themselves. However, to the contrary, we didn't really mind it. We've lost friends on our way and finally are seeing an escape, we're not hesitant at all.

When I took a look around us, I couldn't help but notice the amount of friends we've lost. This moment would've been much better if everyone else was here as well.

Once we were done with our breakfast, everyone who was ought to leave armed themselves with the sharp weapons that they either found at the library or had them beforehand.

When everyone was equipped well, I watched them saying words of partition to people who looked like their close friends. While us? Us four? We just looked at each other. That was the moment we realised we had no more close friends to tell such words to.

Professor Namjoon decided to join as well. Not with the intention of leaving this place like everyone else, but to protect the students.

One of the caretaker who managed to survive was provided with the duty to look after the students at the library.

The doors were ordered to be opened and everyone went up to the front door bravely, ready to fight our final battle.