Chapter 6

"G-guys she is bitten by a zombie!!" She pointed at her friend.

"N-no! She is lying!" The friend defended herself. "See! She's hiding her arm. That's where she was bitten!" Youngeun cried out. Soyeon, one of the girls there was brave enough to check the arm.

Soyeon held the girl, avoiding her from performing much movements as she checked the arm. After she caught a good glimpse of the arm, she pushed the girl's hand away as she started walking backwards.

Soyeon had a look of terror in her eyes when she looked around, at everyone. "She's bitten..." Those words were enough to cause chaos in the washroom. One of the girls flunged the door open and everyone started running out.

"Guys! I'm fine! Nothing is happening! See? Please don't leave me here!!" I could hear the bitten girls's screams. We rushed out too. But....

There were zombies out there. There were 3 of them. Many girls had already escaped the washroom ahead of us and became a prey to the zombies. We were not yet chased by any.

I could sense that one of the students must've locked the door of the washroom, trapping the bitten girl in there while her muffled screams saying, "No! Please don't lock me here!" were heard.

The next thing I knew was that we were running through the stairs to the second floor. The zombies had captured the ground floor now. We sense none of them coming up here anytime soon.

On our way, I saw students running here and there around the school, screaming for their lives. We ran through the corridor on the right of the second floor.

Until we reached the dead end. We had left behind the other girls somewhere on our way. It was just the four of us now. The classrooms were already filled with other students who had refused to let us in at any cost, having a doubt that we were bitten.

We looked around us and saw that secret room. Well, not really secret but this room had always been locked and students were forbidden to get in there. These rooms were at every floor and the one at the  ground floor was used as a storeroom.

Owing to that, even though we had no exact idea what was in this room, we had a rough expectation that it must be a storeroom. "This is the only option left." I said to the others. "But it's locked!" Kiara pointed at the lock.

"Wait a minute." Michiko pulled out a hairpin as she knelt infront of the door. I knew what she was going to do. She put the hairpin into the lock and tried to unlock it. "Oh come on, do we expect it to work?" Yuna scoffed.

"You guys know, right that this only works in movies and that this is real life and it won't work. On the other hand, zombies are below us and might be here anytime and we might lose our lives. I don't know about y'all but my life is precious and I don't want to-" Yuna had started nagging but Michiko didn't mind it and kept her focus on the lock an managed to unlock the door.

She stood up and smirked at Yuna. "Whatever!" Yuna pushed her aside, opened the unlocked door and stepped in. I passed Kiara a look to look at Yuna. Kiara smirked at me.

We stepped into the room after Yuna. Well, we were kind of right, it was like a storeroom but was not exactly one. It was a 7×4 ft room and two pairs of desks were stacked on the sides of the room.

It had a window with panels and a light switch. It had nothing special about it. Other than the above mentioned features, it was cleaner than I expected it to be. I honestly assumed it to be covered with dust since no one really visited it.

Kiara locked the door from the inside. All of us settled in the room. I sat on the floor with my back leaned against the wall on which the window was. Kiara sat on the floor too, but across me, leaning onto the door.

While the other two stood against the desks and benches that were stacked above each other. I bring my bag onto my lap. I should call my mom. I should've called her earlier but did not get the chance to do so. But I shouldn't waste anymore time.

I unzipped my bag and peeked in for my phone. I did spot my phone but I saw something else along with it. A packet of choco pie. I was hungry and I suppose the others were too. Just then, my prediction turned out to be true.

"Gosh! I'm so hungry!" Kiara sighed out. "Yeah, we didn't even get to have any lunch." Michiko agreed. "Anything to eat would be fine to me now!" Yuna exclaimed.

Should I tell them about this? But I am hungry too and there's just one choco pie and this apocalypse doesn't seem to end anytime soon. I don't even know when we'll be able to get out of here. I need to save it for the future. But they're my friends....but...

"What are you doing? Y/n? Do you have food in there?" Yuna snapped at me. "Oh no no, I don't. I was just going to grab my phone. I should call my mom." I quickly snatched the phone out of my bag and zipped it back. I should hold on tight onto this bag.

It did make me feel a little guilty and disgusted with myself for doing something Yuna would do but it was a matter of survival. I had to..

I dialled my mom's number. My heart was pounding heavily, tensed if she was alright. But then the phone was picked up. "Mom!!" I almost yelled because of happiness. She picked up the call!

Kiara and Michiko seemed to happy to see me happy. "Y/n! Are you alright?!" It brought peace to my heart to be able to listen to this woman's voice. "I am! Mom! I am! Are you?" I asked. "Yes, don't worry about me. The zombies were predicted to invade the town first, so, the citizens were rescued early and all of us are at the rescue camp now." Hearing those words made it easier for me to breathe.

"Where are you?," My mom gasped. "Are zombies there?" She asked. I don't know if I should tell her the truth. It will just worry her more. "No, mom, zombies aren't here yet. We're still hiding in a safe room. We'll be fine even though they come." I lied.

"What do I do..." My mom still sounded like she was panicking. "Don't worry, I'll be fine.." I assured. Even though I don't even know if I'll be fine by the end. "J-just stay put! Don't get out of there. It's dangerous. I'll tell your brother to do something to bring you out of there safely." She said.

"Yeah..." My brother... Would he even come? I doubt so. "I don't know what to do. Should I go there myself? No, they won't allow me to... Y/n, what's gonna happen now. Y/n-" my mom sounded like she was about to cry. So, I interrupted her. "Mom mom, I'll be fine. I promise. It's fine as long as I don't go out of this room. I'll call you after consecutively with gaps in between. I'll hang up now, Kiara wants to call her mom.." I said. I really didn't want to hear her cry. Not when I'm not even beside her.

"Oh yes yes, share your phone with the others if it's needed. Let them call there families too. Don't forget to call. Be safe, Y/n.." her voice seemed to tremble. "Bye, mom." I hung up the call. She wanted to do something but wasn't able to...

I sighed. I got up and handed my phone to Kiara who asked for it a while ago. "Let me call my mom after this too...?" Michiko hesitated to request me, while Kiara dialled a number. I smiled at her, "Ofcourse."

"A-ah? All of you are calling your families? I-I will call mine too." Yuna pulled out her phone and started dialling a number. This woman surprises me. She had her phone all this time and didn't even think of her family?

But out of the blue, the panel of the window broke which caught everyone's attention. A rock was thrown, because of which this happened.

What is it now? Do zombies throw rocks now?!