⌗⁵ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 𝗥𝗢𝗔𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❝𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑!!!❞

‧₊˚ ⋅✧* | 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍. A knock on the window made the constellation alchemist turn with a hum. "Hey." Standing up you opened the top part of the window.

"Maes?" Confused by the man's sudden appearance. "The folks at the eastern command center were a little too busy to make it down here today, so I came to see you off instead."

"Great, but would you mind telling us... What is the major doing here?" Looking in front of them where Ed was stuck in a seat with the major.

"For protection. What would happen if scar came after you two again? He's in no shape for a fight now and you're all skinned up. The major's here to help. Just try to grin and bear it."

Maes explained with a shrug. "Children can be so stubborn." Armstrong muttered under his breath. "Shut up."

"Are you sure Al made it on board?"

"Of course."

Al sat in a crate in another train car filled with sheep.

"I thought he might get lonely without a little something."

"My brother isn't some kind of farm animal!" The blonde yelled.

The last bell rang telling anyone who wasn't on to get on quickly before they parted. "Welp, it's time. Okay, you guys have a safe trip. Stop in and give me a shout the next time you make it to central."

Giving each other a salute the train left.

---

The train chugged along the tracks, the sun setting beyond the horizon over a hill. Ed snored softly as he slept against the window.

You looked out over the water below them, the train passing over a bridge. "Resembool, huh?" Armstrong spoke, sparking a conversation between him and the girl.

"I guess. I was only a baby then, so I never really knew where I was born. All I really know is that I was raised by Aquarius and the military." Your hands folded in your lap as you quietly spoke.

A chuckle left the man. "I know, I was one of those men."

"Haha. Really? Can't imagine you carrying around a little kid."