Chapter 36

JENNIE

I don't sleep that night. I pace back and forth in my bedroom, my mind whirling. I'm sick, furious, hurt, confused, enraged, ashamed, disbelieving, and furious.

Did I mention furious?

I'm so angry it feels like I could birth a rage monster through my vaginal canal.

I want to smash every single piece of furniture in sight.

He wanted the arrangement. He was the one who concocted the idea of me moving in with him. He was the one who kidnapped me to make it happen!

And he was the one who sent his second-in-command to whisk me away like a dirty plate three days before it was supposed to be over.

He could've been a gentleman and handled it himself. I mean, I probably would've gotten teary-eyed and emotional when the time came, but I certainly would not have begged...

Okay, I would've begged. I'm addicted to his magical dick.

Plus—horribly, tragically, stupidly—I'm in love with him. So there would have been begging.

But that's no excuse for shifting the responsibility of getting rid of your willing captive to a man who doesn't have the manners to refrain from blowing cigarette smoke into a lady's face.

I hope that slap I gave Namjoon left him with a nasty bruise.

And if I ever see Kim Taehyung on the street, he'll wish I hadn't.

"Who are you kidding?" I whisper to my tear-stained reflection. "Not me."

My bedraggled self stares back at me from the mirror over my desk. We both know that if I saw Taehyung on the street, I'd throw myself at his feet like a demented groupie, wailing for him to take me back.

So this is love.

What a nightmare.