Chapter 2 - Records

My first art lesson was quite good although the teacher managed to ramble for about 45 minutes giving us just 15 left to "brainstorm ideas" for our personal investigations. This was followed by media class which I really enjoyed, mainly because Nova was also taking it for a-levels so we could sit together like old times, I also noticed Ryan was in my class he sat across from me and it seemed he managed to chat loudly throughout the lesson to a new boy I think was called Lewis. Bless him he could barely get a word in. Lunch was so nice getting to sit with Nova, Meg and Avery, even thought we saw each other loads over summer break. We've been friends since the start of secondary so are all really close, we can talk about pretty much anything and everything. Meg had a wonderful rant about her annoying situation of having Tony in her form, while Nova and Avery giggled about a fit new boy called Connor who was in their business class. Then the topic of boys landed on me.
"So D anyone taking your fancy?" Nova questioned
"Hmm not really" I responded
"You sure? Wasn't it that Rob guy who you had your eyes on last year?"
"Ohh yeah haven't you liked him for ever?" Avery added.
"No guys seriously he's just good looking I mean I hardly know him and like most boys he probably not into redheads." I blushed.
"Ohh really why suddenly so red?" Meg teased.
"C'mon, you've got some explaining to do Lila, what happened?" Avery nagged whilst grinning.
Great these guys can see right through me.
"Okay so maybe we made eye contact earlier in the corridor... but I'm sure it meant nothing" I smiled
"Ahh I knew something was going on with you two!!" Nova squealed.
"Just because he smirked at me doesn't me he likes me. I mean he could just be being friendly because I'm close with Eli"
"Omg!! Lila he smirked at you! He defo has a thing for you" Avery agreed loudly.
"Oh I don't know, boys are so confusing. They always seem to give such mixed signals, I barley know what to expect and how they actually feel about me." I replied.
" Tell me about it" Meg rolled her eyes.
"But really Lils you should totally make a move I mean your totally gorgeous." Avery stated
"Yeah and I can't lie Robs got pretty good looking these past few years!" Nova shouted a little to loudly.
"Shushhh he's gonna hear you shouting like that" We all giggled.

I looked across the canteen to see Eli and Rob arguing stupidly at each other and waving there food around. Josh and Ryan were sat next to them laughing hysterically.

Since then I've replayed that moment in the corridor over and over in my head. What if he actually could like me back? Does he? Really? No Delilah your being delusional. Of course he doesn't he literally looked at you for a few seconds! I left my contemplating there and decided to focus on school. I need to have a good start with no distractions if I want to do well in my exams.

4pm. I arrived home made myself a warm coffee before heading up to my room. My fingers glided over the smooth cardboard of my vinyl covers. They were stored in a small rattan basket next to my record player. A new investment that I recently bought. A Crosley. It was a beautiful cream, off white colour, embellished with floral patterns and gold hardware, I adored it. Today I picked out a light blue vinyl from the basket, one of my favourite albums, A Hero's Death. By Fontaines D.C. I gently placed the record on the player making sure not to scratch it, these things aren't cheap! I lay on my bed and let the perfect beats of music consume me. After a busy yet successful first day, chilling to music alone in my room was always a great remedy to relax.

———————————————————————————

A slightly shorter chapter two, hope your enjoying so far.

- Iris :)