Chapter 16 - New years eve

The last day of the year! I've loved this year, it's felt really quick but I also feel like even just summer was agess ago. I'm excited for a fresh start, especially for the band and also going into it with a boyfriend! I still can't believe them words are true, call me dramatic but as someone who's barely had any romantic experiences before now, this is all very different, but in a good way! Tonight I have a party to go to, me and my friends over the past few years have just celebrated at one of eachothers houses, the 4 of us, but since being at sixth form I feel like all of our social lives have picked up, it's cool having bigger parties to go to. Megs boyfriend Jamie is hosting, instead of waiting around the day me and the girls are going out for some lunch, the other day me and Rob went back to that new cafe with the good music and the food was soo good, so yeah me, Meg, Avery and Nova are going. I think we might also go get our nails done as a treat for the new year, Avery's mum is friends with the lady who owns the nail bar so Avery can get us money off which is great, its so nice in there as well.

I did get woken up this morning to go on a walk with the family, I'm happy to do that but give me more than five minutes to get ready! Anyways, I'm just out the shower, washed my hair the and slapped in so many curl products so it will stay unfrizzy for tonight, the winter wind will be the death of me istg. Quinn offered to give me and my friends a lift to the cafe, bit nice of her strange? jk, I get my bag, shoes, coat AND scarf on then we go to get in the car, I'm so ready to be able to leave the house in just shorts and top, summer needs to hurry up. We pick up Avery, then Nova and finally Meg, the good thing about Quinn driving is that we have the same music taste so the songs always hit in the car. Next year I can legally learn to drive in a car, excuse me? How am I going to be 17, feels weird. We say thanks to Quinn and head into the cafe, it't pretty busy so we go up stairs and find a table for 4. I get a bagel with poached egg and avacado its sooo good. We've not had a good chat all us girls it what seems like ages, we sit in that cafe for maybe 2 hours we got lunch and then shared 2 brownies between us, they were warm and fudgey my favourite. We chat not only about our relationships, but all decide on nails designs, we obviously just waffle about random tiktoks, our celebrity crushes, about concerts and holidays we should go on if we had the money lol. Just as we're leaving it starts pouring with rain, great.
"For fuck sake" Avery says.
"We can't just go sit back down theres no tables as it is" Meg says.
"The nail place is literally down the road should we just run?" Nova says.
"Not my freshly washed hair" I complain. The others all have hoods, thank god Meg came prepared and let me use her umbrella. We sprint down the street, dodging people and trying not to run through the puddles. We shove through the door and stand in the doorway, our trousers all soaked.
"Well that was good timing from us wasn't it" Nova laughs.
"Bless you Lils in your leather jacket." Megs says. "You always look cool though, like a rock star" Avery smiles.
"Manifesting my future what can I say." I respond smiling.

"Hiya girls how are we? Bit soggy I see" Michelle the nail lady smiles.
"Yeah just a bit." Avery smiles.
"So who's going first?" She asks
"I'll go." Replies Nova, the rest of us sit down and pick out our colours. Soon enough we're all done. I got silvery French tips with stars, I just got gel, acrylics are cute but there kinda impractical.