Chapter 14 - Ice skating

Its 12.30 the band and I are sat in Ryan's garage discussing instrumental ideas to go alongside me and Elis song lyrics. Josh, Ryan and Rob all really liked ice cream sundae and falling in which makes that part easier but coming up with the guitar chords that sound good and also work cohesively with Ryans drums is proving harder than expected. Rob came up with a few base lines that sound really good for falling in and Josh is working on his lead guitar bits for in the chorus but Ryan's been stuck on some drum sections. I'm not really one who knows much about drums but I think him and Eli are trying to work out the "groove" its something to do with the snare and bass drum, they can't seem to find the right tempo for around 2.30 seconds into the song. Me, Rob and Josh have been sat on the floor listening to Ryan and Eli trying out all these different drum beats from across the room for about 40 minutes, Josh's guitar riffs all sound really cool so hes just practising and asking for our opinions on whats best. I'm feeling a little useless as well, singings my main instrument, sure I can play a little guitar or piano but no where near to the boys skill levels so I pull out my phone and decide to create a group instagram for the band. We've not even got a name yet but at some point we're gonna have to put ourselves out there and social media could help people find us in the future. Without realising I must be humming a song because when I look Rob and Josh are both looking at me.

"Ha sorry guys" I smile.
"Lils your voice is always nice to listen to." Rob says.
"Yeah it's much better than them twos clanging around." Josh laughs.
"Thanks." I laugh "Back to mars is in my head I had Beabadoobee on earlier."
"Oh her musics great.. and shes pretty hot." Josh says.
"Owhhh Joshies got a crush I see." Rob teases.
"Nah she's just cool okay." He responds grinning.
"Yeah yeah." Rob rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"Ah fuck this." Ryan says annoyed chucking the drumsticks on the floor, he takes a breath, runs his hand through his long hair and says..
"Who wants lunch?"
"Me definitely." Eli grumbles who also seems defeated by the task of matching the drums to guitar.
"Yeah we're all hungry over here." Josh says. Everyone begins to drag themselves out the garage tired and hangry.

Rob stands up and reaches his hand out to help me up.
"I'm capable of standing up by myself you know." I look up at him as our hands intertwine.
"Yeah I know." He smiles back. He mutters something but I don't quite hear him.
(rob muttered "yeah well you might not be saying that in the future.")
"What did you say" I question.
"Oh nothing." He smirks back, that smirk on his face will be the death of me istg.

Josh is actually a surprisingly good cook, another attribute to the endless list of what he's effortlessly good at. He routes around Ryan kitchen and makes us all some poached eggs on toast with avocado on the side. It's really nice. I'm not bad in the kitchen but chose to be a feminist, I'll cook for the boys another time. We all have some sort of caffeine, coffee or red bull and then get back to work.

By the end of the day the basics for all of falling in is
pretty much completed and some bits for ice cream sundae are in the works. Both songs will need a load of perfecting and more practice as a group, but as we ran through over and over we already saw improvements being made. We all say bye to Ryan and start walking home as a group. We reach my house first, I say bye to Eli and Josh.
"You guys keep walking I'll catch up." Rob says waiting next to me.
"Yeah yeah slow coach." Eli shouts he walks ahead giving me a wave.
"I'll be seeing you tomorrow then." Rob says
"Huh what for." I sarcastically pretend to have forgotten about our double date.
"Shut up." He jokes.
"Yeah Nova said her mums happy to give us all a lift there if you want you could come round to mine a bit before." I say.
"Okay cool I can say hi to the parents I guess then." He smiles.
"Yeah if there both home you'll definitely get bombarded, but it's fine they'll probably love you whatever you say."
"Hah alright see you tomorrow Lils." He says
"Bye Rob." I say giving him a quick peck on the lips he gives me a grin then speeds off to catch up with the others.