Chapter 11 - Date night

I can't sleep. For hours I've been laying here my thoughts spiraling about my upcoming date. I tried to get a some what early night 10.30 was when I got into bed now its 2.30am and I still can't drift off. I keep thinking of all the things that of could go wrong, what if i say something stupid and then its awkward for the rest of the date? Or what if I manage to bore Rob the whole time that he realises hes made the wrong descision in asking me out in the first place and he wants to just stay friends! ahhh. Surely dating shouldn't be this stressful, I mean people date all the time, Avery and Meg have both gone out on a few dates they both say there pretty fun but that could all be different for me. I really like Rob that's the thing, thats why I'm so bothered about it going well tomorrow. I roll over and reach for my photo to watch a bit of netfix, gilmore girls has got to be the solution. A few minutes in to the episode snapchat pings it's eli..

"Lila what are you doing up?" He asks.
"I could ask you the same question Lija" I reply
"Rewatching baby driver"
"Really Eli for like the 20th time hah"
"The sounds tracks good okay! seriously tho why u up?"
"Can't sleep" I say.
"and whys that?" He asks "ahh I know you've got a date tomorrow or should i say today"
"Rob told you?" I say
"Well he is my best mate Lila"
"Yeah makes sense" I respond
"And he never shuts up about you" Eli adds
"Yeah right" I comment
"Lila I'm not kidding hes already obsessed with you, don't be stressing about it, just be u"
"Thanks Lija"
"Now go to sleep" He says
"You too!" I add
"Well yeah I will in 32 minutes" He replies
"hah night" I say
"Nighttt"

Pretty soon after I feel myself drifiting off to sleep. I wake up late and get some breakfast. "Good morning Dee" Mum says
"morning" I say rubbing my eyes.
"Sleep well?" She asks
"Eh alright thanks." I respond grabbing a bowl from the cupboard.
"I'm going on a walk with the work ladies and Woody today, I'm going to get some fish and chips from that nice place on the way back." She continues "Will you be wanting dinner or are you at Novas or Megans?"
"Oh um no thanks I'm good" I respond, I haven't mentioned my date to the parents yet I was going to keep it on the down low until, well if it gets to the whole introducing to parent thing but guess I'm going to have to tell mum.
"Whos you at tonight then?" Mum questions
"Oh no were eating out"
"Ah nice a girls night."She responds
"Well no not really, umm I'm actually going on a date tonight."
"Really! Who with?" She asks sounding a little surprised
"Don't sound so shocked" I laugh "He's a guy from school"
"And what would that guys name be?" She pesters "Rob. Robert Keating" I say feeling my face going red.
"Oh I think Ali's (Elis mum) friends with his mum whats her name.. Rosie?" She asks
"yeah think so" I say
"So you like this Rob I'm guessing? Is this just a recent thing?"
"Yeah, hes in the band with me and we get on well so.."
"Oh yes i remember you talking about him, hes the guitarist right?"
"Bass. He plays bass" I say
"Ah well that's exciting, have a great time sweetheart, make sure you're polite and.."
"Thanks mum but I'm not Gus" I smile.
"Yes of course not" She smiles back. "Enjoy your self Dee."
Phew well one parent down, mum will probably tell dad as soon as possible anyways so pretty much both out the way. I'm not against telling my parents but I don't know its all new for me so telling thems just a little weird.

I eat my breakfast and Quinn walks in.
"So you swung a date with the pretty boy I hear?!"
"Yep." I smile
"Soo my predictions were correct eh?" She nags
"Well done Quinny you guessed the guy I like! want a medal?" I laugh
"No no but maybe scrap whatever outfit you've planned and feel free to steal my black jeans they make you bum look great."
"Wow! did you just offer me clothes? wait so like I don't have to actually wrestle you to get anything from your wardrobe?! Thanks Quinn" I say excitedly
"Shut up before I change my mind. Oh also if you any tips I'm kinda the date master been on like 5 myself. yep I know what a flex." She says sarcastically, I laugh.
"He better treat you right though Delilah, make sure of it"
"I will, thanks Q."
"No problem." She winks.