Chapter 6 - Party Planning

It's Friday afternoon and I'm currently getting a lift to Megs where me, Meg, Avery and Nova plan to chill out for the evening. I took some paracetamol in the hopes of curing my hangover from last night, along with chugging some coffee and having a shower. So I'm feeling quite a lot better. "Thanks for the lift mum, see you later." I say hopping out the car.
"Bye Lila, text if you want a lift home but not too late okay."
"okay thanks bye." I wave as she drives away.

I knock on the front door of Megs house, everyone quickly arrives at the door smiling. "Hey Lila come in,come in!" She says.

"So Lila I see you had a fun time at band practice last night then?" Nova asks as I walk through the door.
"Yeah it was really good thanks. How'd you know?" I ask smiling.
"The photos on Eli's story." Meg grins.
"Oh yeah." I respond.
"So c'mon D spill the tea!!" Avery continues as we walk into Megs kitchen.
"Well we practiced for a few hours you know the boys all playing with me singing, we had pizza oh and did some shots, then Eli randomly brought out his secret stash of drinks and yeah we played drunk monopoly and danced around." I giggled retelling my night.
"Ahh sounds so fun, it's cute you guys are starting a band, you could really go far, especially with your voice." Meg says.
"Did anything happen with you and Rob??" Avery pesters, that girl loves a good bit of gossip.
"Okay so I dunno how this sounds to you guys but hear me out..so we like made eye contact here and there all night, oh he did call me Lils but that's not really major, I mean everyone shortens my name... but then as we were leaving me being pretty drunk I tripped on the curb and guess who caught me just as I was falling!?"
"Rob!" Said Nova excitedly.
"Yeah! He put his arm around my waist and well saved me from smacking the concrete..and what was even more strange was what he said after!"
"Ahh tell us!" Meg laughs.
"He was like woah be careful don't want you falling on that pretty face!" I giggle.
"OMG Lila he deffo has a thing for you!!" Nova says.
"Yeah and he wasn't lying when he said your pretty, I mean your like one of the prettiest girls in our year D!" Avery encouraged smiling.
"Thanks Avs but I really don't know, he was drunk too and it was so dark he could probably barely see my face." I say.
"Delilah have you never heard drunk words are sober thoughts. He's gotta have a soft spot for you." Meg states.

Our conversation was cut off when Megs mum walked into the kitchen. "Hiya girls good to see you." She says.
"Hi Cathy" We all respond.
"Meg me and your dad just realised we've got this conference dinner party for my work tomorrow night in London, I did check to see if it was an optional thing but the company wants everyone to be there, so we're gonna have to take the ferry then stay over in a hotel for the night."
"Oh okay." Meg responds clearly trying to hide her excitement.
"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not even going to try and stop you throwing a party, because I'm fully aware either way you'll do it, but please Megan don't invite the entirety of your year and make sure you tidy away all the things that could get broken."
"Yesss thank you mum" Meg replies grinning. "And of course I will make sure nothing gets broken and the house will all cleaned up by the time you get back."
"Alright we can go to buy some drinks and what not later but your going to have to tell people to bring some of their own, oh and Meg please let's say no drugs, at least keep them to a minimum,you know outside, I can't be dealing with a house that smells like weed."
"Yeah okay cheers mum." Meg laughs.

As Cathy walks out the room we all jump around already excited for the party tomorrow.
"Ahh who do we even invite to this kinda thing?" Meg questions.
We usually just go to other peoples parties and whenever we throw our own ones there usually smaller and more low-key. But this party is one of the first ones of sixth form, it had to be good! We all began writing a list of all the random people we wanted to invite and started to message them.

"Nova we need to invite Connor and some of his friends!" Avery said
"Oh Yeah! And Lila you should totally invite Elijah and his friends or should I say your band mates." Nova said.
"Yeah okay that would be cool." I respond.
"Who knows maybe you and Rob can hit it off." Winked Meg.
"Shut up Meg." I smile "You should invite Amelie so maybe Jamie will come along."
"Wait that's actually a good idea." Nova said.
Meg has had a crush on Jamie since before summer, but she won't admit it, they'ed be cute together so inviting Amelie his twin sister should hopefully mean their group will come along.

I click on the "Band (yet to be named)🎸🎤" group chat and message..
"Hey guys Megs having a party at hers tomorrow night you guys should come along :)"
"Will do thanks Lila!" Eli replied.
"I'll be there 👍" said Ryan.
"Cheers lils I'll come along" Rob responds.
"Cool D cya there" Josh said.
"Okay great here's her address——it's starting about 8 so you can come whenever!" I added,

Im happy they can all come if it's anything like last night it should be great.

Me and the girls made some pasta, garlic bread along with melting chocolate to dip in strawberry's. We chose to watch one of our favourite films 10 things I hate about you and Avery had brought some face masks so we did them part way through. Lots of other people were replying saying they were up for Megs party so that was good.

"What are you guys gonna wear?" Nova questions when we're sat on the sofa.
"I'm thinking we should get pretty dressed up, it's our party so we can't really be overdressed." Meg grins.
"Yeah I was thinking of going for like a little top and skirt moment." Avery said.
"Ah cool what about you Lila anything in mind?" Nova asks.
"Umm maybe my new corset kinda top with some trousers not really sure yet." I smile.
"Oh yeah that would look great!" Avery comments.

As the film came to a close me and the others leave Megs for a sort of early night so she and Cathy could quickly go buy the essentials for tomorrow. I can't wait.

———————————————————————————

Leading up to an exciting chapter! Sorry if I take a few days to upload each chapter im just writing when new ideas come into my head which is enjoyable. Please leave all the comments you want!

- Iris :)