Chapter 9 - Singing and other things..

November 11th. It's Saturday me and "the band" are going to do a full day of practice today. With sixth form building up and the days getting shorter out weekday after school practices are great but we need more. So the plan is to head over to Ryan's, (as his parents have gone to a wedding over the weekend) with our gear to make a day of it. Ryan and Nova have made it official ahh they've been going out for a few weeks there so cute together, I'm pretty sure Nova might come round to Ryan's to see us play for a little and to see her guy ofc.

Late autumn weathers really kicked in I have no clue what to wear today. I feel like jeans are to uncomfy for the weekend but joggers look a bit lazy. Hummm maybe a skirt could be cool. I'm rummaging around and try on my black skirt with tights and then put on a little top under my cozy orangey sweater. Cool. Right? Ahh I don't know being indecisive is annoying when it comes to outfit choices. No. This looks good. It's going to have to do because as per usual I'm on a time crunch. I clip some of my curly red hair up into my claw clip and grab my gear, okay I'm ready.
"Bye I'm off to Ryan's for band practice." I shout, pretty sure it's just Quinn left in the house.
"Okay" she shouts from the living room "don't have to much fun."
"What do you mean." I ask.
"Don't be stupid Delilah."
"Nah seriously what are you on about." I pester
"Your so blind aren't you, that tall blue eyed guy your always walking around sixth form with, I've seen the way you look at eachother there's definitely something in the works there?." She says with raised eyebrows.
"I dunno..wha.." I start
"Ah..ah don't try and deny it D, just accept fate I've caught you out, time will show." She smirks.
"If you say so." I surrender "Goodbyeee I'm late"
I say whilst walking to the front door.
"Cya" Quinn responds.

Seriously is it that obvious. I mean so what I have a crush on my guy friend. So do loads of girls. Don't they? But he's not just a guy friend. He's Rob. My band mate. I can't fuck this up. For Eli. I can't fuck this up. The band means so much to him. Time will tell I guess? as Quinn says, if Rob doesn't make a move nor will I, for now.

Ryan's house isn't too far from mine so I'm there pretty quick I ring the bell and wait outside. Nova runs to the door "Delilah hey it's so good so see you." She says. "Hey Nova your here early" I smile back
"Well yeah about that I actually stayed over with Ryan last night!" She giggles
"No way you guys didn't do it did you?!" I laugh back.
"No no we just well cuddled and kissed and watched a film." She says looking excited.
"Aww I'm so happy for you Ova." I shout a little loud.
"Shh they'll hear our conversation hah." Nova says "c'mon the boys are all in here." We walk through the kitchen and into Ryan's garage sorta area.
"Delilahs heree." Nova says "Hii." I grin.
"Helloo Lila." Ryan and Eli say.
"Hi Lils." Rob says.
"We're just waiting on Josh and then we can get going." Ryan says as he and Nova start making out.
"Owhh Lovebirds." Eli pesters.
"Shut up." Ryan responds grinning "Jealous are we it's not like your love lives have much going on."
Rob looks up in my direction slightly our eyes quickly meeting then we both look away. My heart flutters.
"Yeah yeah." Says Eli "In a year or two when we're big, girls will be obsessed over us I know it."

We practice with our cover songs, playing songs by fontaines, the pogues, fleetwood mac, just whatever we fancy having a try with. Me and Eli don't really have our own songs fully formulated, ready to add instruments to yet.. we still haven't found much time to get sharing our ideas so far but I'm sure we will fit it in at some point. After a few hours my voice feels sore and my stomachs beginning to rumble. "We should get something to eat." Says Ryan
"Yeah I'm starving." Grumbles Josh.
"We should get some food from the shops or something." Says Eli. "Okay I'm down for that" I say.
"Yeah let's go to Tesco." Adds Rob.
"Okay cool c'mon then." says Ryan.

Me and Nova walk along chatting and laughing, about the details her night before. Everyone buys there snacks in Tesco but as we're heading home it starts pouring with rain. Like torrential rain.We all run back to Ryan's but without a coat I'm soaking. We speed through the front door quickly. Eli's talking to Josh about some random guitar chord he's found and Novas chatting with Ryan, they all head into the kitchen leaving me and Rob in the hall way. I'm struggling to take my Docs off as per usual.