𝟎𝟒

I'm at school, in music class with Anna, Maya, and Sam. Everyone was practicing their instruments right now but Maya decided that she wanted talk to Anna, instead of practicing which was a bad idea for her. She'll find that out sooner or later.

"Alex broke up with heather" Maya said, supporting herself up on the back of Anna chair.

"Hm, Hmm" Anna hummed, sitting back in her chair. She just sat there looking around the classroom without saying anything, causing Maya to say "Are you losing your mind?"

"It's all happening" Maya said, trying to snap Anna out of her daydream or hallucination, whatever she was doing. "It's all happening, Anna" Maya repeated.

"This is the moment, oh my god" Maya claimed, getting to start dancing. Anna soon snapped out her hallucinations and began to play her instrument, feeling cheerful but stopped once our teacher, Mr. Wyzell spoke, catching everyone's attention.

"All right, everybody take your seats please." He said and Maya made her way to the back of the class, where her seat was. "I have some very exciting news" He claimed, But Gabe not thinking, which was normal spoke before the teacher could.

"Alex Nolan is single" Is what Gabe said.

"I mean, like if you're a girl that's more exciting" Gabe justified.

"I'm not excited" I stated, leaning back in my chair, completely bored out of my misery.

"Oh, well. just like, the whole school's been talking about it" Gabe said, no one but Anna caring about Alex being single.

"I'm not weird, you guys are weird" Gabe claimed, frowning his brows.

"Anyways" Mr. Wyzell continued, "This Friday is Trailview Middle's Night of amazing music" He stated, causing me to groan in annoyance. I wasn't ready. I mean, I was.. just didn't wanna do it.

"Which means the band and the chorus will be performing for the whole school" Everyone cheered, "And what's more, you all will be performing an original piece of music written by yours truly"

"You'll find the music on your stands"He added, clearly his up so we wouldn't ask any questions.

"Na. I only have three notes solo, how many do you have?" Maya spoke towards Anna.

"I have like a five-measure solo" Anna Answered, "What about you, Jules?" Anna asked, turning to me. "I have a three-measure solo" I answered, not taking my eyes off of the teacher as he continued to talk.

"All right, let's try the piece. Shall we?"He asked, wanting everyone to practice more. "One, two, three.. and" He counted, once he got to 3, everyone started playing their instrument.

And there it was, Maya kept messing up on her behalf because she didn't practice a bit earlier. I sighed, knowing that she just wasn't messing herself up, she was messing everyone up as well.

She was messing up over her lines and going over everyone else, including mine. Pissing me off slightly, I just wanted to get out of the class sooner than expected.

"All right, Hol- Just hold it!" He said, pausing everyone. "Timpani" Calling to Maya, cause that was her instrument. "I-I don't know what that is you're playing but you should be playing a straight 4/4 count in time"

"Yeah, sorry. Do you mean the snare? cause I feel like-" Maya paused, knowing she was wrong. "The timpani was doing four, four-"

"No, Timpani- No, the snare is fine just try to stay within the four, four times"

"You want me do it differently? Cause I was doing a four, four!" Maya said, sounding frustrated but still knowing she was wrong.

"So- No, somewhere in there- I'll tell you what play it like your dad" He stuttered, not knowing what to do with Maya.