𝟎𝟓

The weekend had pasted by so quickly, leaving me frustrated at the fact that it was already Monday. I was in my fifth class of the day. I couldn't handle another second in that class because Maya kept being weird the entire time.

"Anna and Jules look!" She said, trying to get our attention. Once she had it, she pointed to Mr. O butt.

"Mr. O's underwear is sticking out!" Maya said, leaning over Anna shoulder. "Oh, my god!"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring Maya. I was visibly bored as I laid down on my desk, placing my arms on it and putting my head inside.

"I would like put my head in the butt part and I would wear it on my face as a mask to fall asleep" I heard Maya say, and that's when I had enough. I sat up, turning around in my seat to Sam.

"Maya's being weird, Can we switch seats?" I asked, "No" Sam said, wanting me to suffer.

"Asshole" I mouthed to him, causing him to smile in sarcasm.

I saw Brandt in the corner of my eye, smirking at me. Brandt was sitting in the back of the class, like two seats behind Sam. I smiled at him before turning around to face the board.

"All right. Settle down people, it's Monday, meaning we got a lot to get through" Mr. O stated, "But First and foremost is signing up for your mandatory community service project" Mr. O added, sitting on the edge of his desk.

"More like community suck-vice" Brandt shouted, laughing. some kids laughing as well. I chuckled lightly, shaking my head at Brandt's comment.

"I doubt you'll be saying that, when you hear these extremely cool options" Mr. O said, talking mostly to Brandt this time. "Sam's dad is delivering meals to the homeless" Mr. O continued
"PB&J making party at my house" Sam shouted, causing everything to go silent. It was awkward and embarrassing, I wonder how Sam felt..

"Yeah.. all right, There's a river trash pick up. You can scrape gum off the bridge" Mr. O continued but not quite finishing yet.

"And finally, Heather's mom is hosting a fashion show at the nursing home" Now Mr. O finished, just as the bell rang. "Sign up sheets are in the hallway" He shouted, as everyone ran and rushes out the door, pushing and shoving people down. One of them being Maya. She fell over, dropped her stuff in the process.

Anna was the first one out of the door, that and since she was the tallest, she got to the sign up sheet first, signing Her, Maya and my name on it.
In the meantime, I was helping Maya off of the floor along with her belongings. After we left.

After Anna had signed our names on the sheet,
we were led to a room to discuss what we had to do and what we are gonna do.

"Spending time with the elderly can be so rewarding. Whenever Heather and I visit her grandma in the home, I think to myself no one else even notices these people beside us" Heather's mom said, talking to the people who were sitting on a bench, Us as in, Anna, Maya, Heather, Becca, Me and

Connie..

"It's so true you guys" Heather said, turning to us. "I mean, some of these older people haven't been noticed in 40, 50 years. Yeah" Heather's mom said, making a point. "Yeah. So let's fix that. Now what turns heads more than a big beautiful hat? almost nothing"

"Oh, my god, that's so true wow!" Maya said, trying to sound like she understands. "Luckily, I have my own new line of hats" Heather's mom paused, making Heather hand her a pink book. "Deb's Darling Designs" Heather's mom finished, showing us the book. Heather puts her hands together as if she was about to clap but no sound was made.

I was once again, bored. I didn't like the idea of being in this group anymore once I found out Connie was in here. I hated her because of what she did to me last year and how she hung out with Brandt all the time, trying to tick me off or trying to make me jealous.. which worked.