Chapter 2

Hello people!!

Welcome to my story.
I love writing this. And I wish you'd love reading as well. Happy reading!🥳

Coming to the story, Sana is just entering the second semester of her M.A. in English. Second, because the first was all about the corona virus. Her parents always supported her decisions. They were the happiest with her achievements and
It was an amazing experience. Going to a big city, living in a hostel away from home was the biggest change in her life. She missed home, was a bit intimidated by the buildings but the freedom that comes with it, was amazing.
Hostel Life changed her daily routine. Her roomie, Raman was a very sweet and supportive person who helped her in everything. In short, everything was going well.
It was her first day in the department. Everyone was great. A happy environment. Well as much as people could be. In the English department, people are a bit cynical and judgemental. She didn't mind that because being critical is part of her studies.
Then in the third lecture, she met the man who was going to be her future. But there was no feeling like they show in movies such as hawa ruk gyi, sama tham gya. Everything was normal. He was not her type. He was just her senior who would teach her in her classes. That's it.
He taught her English writings in Translation. The syllabus is a bit tricky. The Hindi, Urdu writers in English are not that good.
Sana: How boring is it?
Person: Right?
Sana: yeah!
After that they just heard the lecture.
When she came out of the department. She met that person again.
Sana: Hey
Person: Hi
Sana: Shehnaaz Gill
Person: Sirat Singh
Shehnaz: Hey, are you punjabi too?
Sirat: yes, well I am a hybrid.
"Hybrid?" " Yeah, I'm punjabi+ himachali. My father is from Punjab and my mother is from Himachal."
"Ohkk. But let me tell you even 1%punjabi would still be a punjabi. You are 50%. So, you are a punjabi."
"Hmm. That's true." They both laughed.
"Aap kaha rehte ho?" Sana asked.
"Hostel no. 5" came the reply.
"OMG! I live in the same hostel. Which floor?"
"5th floor and you?"
"2nd floor"
"Let's go then". "Yeah let's go"

That was the first friend she made in her department. The guide, advisor. Through her she met Payal, Reet, Ashima. They became so good friends. Payal through the reference of FRIENDS. Ashima through the same punjabi background, Reet through talking about books.
Life was going on. She always attended Sidharth's class. She liked it but she always felt like he stared at her too much. There was a fascination in his eyes that sometimes raised curiosity in her.
One chance came when they talked. It was during one program that was conducted in the department that was about translation. Some poems had to be translated and recited in the function by the students. One of them was Sana and they were guided by Sidharth. He was excited for this event because she was in the group and he'd get a chance to talk to her.

Sidharth's pov

How much more do I have to read?
It isn't true when they say Arts is easy. It clearly isn't. Contradictory, it is the most difficult. My mind is numb reading, analysing and then writing for my thesis . Upar se professors ke kaam bhi Karo aur classes bhi lo. I don't get enough time for myself.

"Aur kya soch rhe ho bhai? " Asked Sam, his best friend.
" Do you really want to know?" He asked frustratingly.
"If you are asking with that face? Hmm, nooo. Because I am happy and in no mood to listen to your rants. If you really want to get it out. Then just write poetry. It's the best medium.

"Do you think I have any time to write poetry? I'm busy."

" Doing what? You don't even have a girlfriend. We are in the same course. I spend time with Kirti. Enjoy meals with her and still have time for my personal writing. Ohh.... I know why you are always busy. You are the Mr. Favourite of the Chairperson. You have so many functions to organise, OMG SO MANY THINGS TO DO" He said mockingly only to make Sid more angry.

"And you think that's my fault?"
"No, I think that's your Buri Kismat"
"HAHAHAHA"
"Mere nazariye se to funny hi hai"
"Han tragedy to mere liye hai"
"Yep!! Ok now tell me kya nayi zimmedari mili hai?"
"Ek Naya event hai. Koi poet a rhi hai. She writes in English. Unki poems ko Hindi or Punjabi mein translate krna hai aur students unko recite krenge unke saamne."
"Sunne mein to achha lag rha hai. It'd be interesting."
" Surely, sunne Wale ko to maza hi ayega. Par pehle students select krne padenge. Fir unke sath translation krni pdegi. Aur phir unhe train krna pdega. Last mein function hoga. Pura ek month. Aghhhhh."

"Karna to pdega"
"Wahi to baat hai ki krna to pdega hi."

He slept thinking all this. He was wondering whether she'd volunteer for the event as he knows that she's from Punjab too. Thinking all this he fell asleep.

In the next morning, It was a usual day for both of them. Sana was a simple girl who tied her hair in a ponytail. It isn't that she doesn't like fashion. It is because she never had enough time left after her studies to try all these things.

Today too she wore her hair the same way. In the third lecture, Sid came to ask students about the interested students. Sana with her friend Reet volunteered. He was amused by her reaction because she seemed somewhat interested but hesitant too. He smiled inside his head.

'Yeh chahti hai ya nhi samajh mein nhi a rha. Expression dekh ke to lgta hai ki koi kode maar ke dhake se haan bulwa Raha ho. Par hath uthha rkha hai. Chlo koi ni mein to chahta hi hun ki sach Haan hi ho.'

Suddenly Sana's classmate, Aman pulled her rubber from her hair. And her hair fell loose.

Aman:You look so beautiful with open hair. Why do you always tie them up.?
Sana: I have never styled my hair.
Aman: you should try new style. New style, new you.
Sana was embarrassed with all the compliments she got from her classmates.

Sidharth was looking at the scene. He was still in his thoughts when he say her hair loose. He fell in revrie. He suddenly felt short of breath. It was the moment when
'sans ruk gyi
Madhosh hawain behne lgi
Dil zor se dhadkne lga
Zamana badal gya
Shayar to tha hi
Aashiq bhi ban gya'

Not a love moment. But a special one indeed.

"It is going to be an interesting month and I'm going to have full worth out of this month"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What do you think happened that led Sana to have a crush on him? He liked her from the first time he saw her but feelings are not about love. There was something different. Something happened that changed their lives and feelings about each other. What is he going to do??

Keep in touch to know more and thankyou very much for reading this. Thank you to all the people who read my story and commented on it and voted for my story. If anywhere you think I can improve. You can message me.

Thank you!!!!