Chapter 9

Hello guys, I'm back with yet another chapter for you. Thank you for reading my story. Let's start.

On the same day

Sidharth was getting ready to go the department. His phone rang. He picked it up to see a call from his father. 

Sid- Hello!

Sdad- Hello Sid, how are you Son?

Sid- I'm great dad, How are you? How is everyone at home?

Sdad- Baki to sab theek hai. Tumhari maa ki tabiyat kuchh theek nahi hai. She is missing you too much these days.

Sid- Kya huya hai dad maa ko?

Sdad- Kuchh nahi bas tujhe bahut hi yaad kar rahi hai.

Sid- Koi baat nahi dad main is weekend ghar a jayunga aap sab se milne. 

Sdad- Actually tujhe aaj hi aana hoga.

Sid- Aaj hi kyun, dad?

Sdad- Wo aaj Shiwi ko dekhne wale aa rahe hain?

Sid- Di ko dekhne wale aa rahe hai? Aur aap mujhe ab bata rahe ho?

Sdad- Kal raat ko hi baat hui. Phir socha ki itni raat ko call kiya to kahin tu dar na jaye. Isliye abhi call kr raha hun. Come soon.

Sid- Ok dad. Main abhi nikalta hun.

Sdad- Bye, see you soon.

Sid- Bye dad.

Sid immediately packed his bag to leave. He called the department to let them know about his leave. He thought to call Sana too. But then again, She would be in her classes. He thought to leave her a message in bus.

But with the excitement  of going home after so many days, he forgot to text her. He was listening to songs plugging in his earphones. It was long journey. 

He reached his home in the afternoon. His mother was waiting for him with his favorite food. She knew that he doesn't like food from outside. She prepared his favorite dal-chawal for him. His father and sister were also very happy. But the person whose happiness was quite apparent was his girlfriend. Not the Girlfriend, but his grandmother. He loved his dadi but after the death of his dada ji, she had drifted into depression. Psychiatrist  advised them to keep her happy. As Sid was her favorite, he took this responsibility. He always denoted to her as his 'girlfriend'. And to everyone's shock, she always entertained him. She loved him the most. He is her first grandson. Obviously she loved other grandchildren too. But he was special. He tried to understand people. That;s what everyone loved about him. 

She was literally excited like a baby, ordering everybody to do things, getting his favorite things, preparing his room for his arrival, telling people about him coming.

Her son, Vikas was very happy. Around 1:30 pm, he got a call from Sid. And he left to pick him from the station. He reached there and seeing his son, he took him in an urgent hug.

Vikas (sd): kaisa hai mera beta?

Sid- Main bilkul theek, aap batao?

Sd- Bhai humein to kya hi hona. Khao piyo te aish karo. Apna to yahi mantra hai.

Sid(laughing)- Hnji hnji pata ha mujhe. Aur ghar pe sab kaise hai. Maa, didi, aur meri girlfriend?

Sd- Sab bahut khush hai. Tu ghar kyun nhi aata. 

Sid- Ghar pe baar baar ayunga to itni izzat thodi milegi.

Sd- Hm yeh bhi hai. Abhi to jab bhi aata hai tyohar wali feeling aati hai.

 He picked him up and talking on random things they reached home in half an hour.

Seema  (Sm)- Are maa aayie, Reetu jaldi kar, dekho mera Sid a gya.

He had descended from the car and his father was unloading his luggage. His mother heard the sound of car and came running to the door. 

Sid- Yeh dekho dad, now you tell me if I come in regular intervals, kya meri itni izzat hoti?

Sd- baat to sahi hai beta ji par apki aur meri dono ki maa apko bahut hi zyada miss krti hai.

Sid- I know dad. And I try. But kya krun I want to pay full attention to my thesis and you know I don't like travelling.

Sd- Haan haan pata hai. Pata nhi kya bhoot chadha hai PhD ka. Achha bhala baap ka business hai par nhi shehzade ko to writer banana hai.

Sid- Dad, we have been through this innumerous  number of times. I'm not denying to join your business, but not now. I need some years of my own.

Sd- You know that I'd never force anything on you, right?

Sid- Of course, dad.

Sd- Le teri maa  a gyi.

Sm- Aa gya mera bacha? Haye kitna patla ho gya hai? Kuchh khata nhi hai kya?

Dadi- Chal pre hat. Tujhe kya pata aaj kal ise body mantain krna bolte hain. Abhi kha kha ke iski tarah phelna thodi hai.

Sd- Maa, yeh kya baat hui bhai. Main kahan se aya isme. Aur agar apko yaad hai to main apka eklota beta hun.

Dadi- TOH?

Sd- Toh kya .

Dadi- Wahi toh kya. Tu beta hoga ye mera boyfriend hai. Kyun bf?

Sid- Aur nahi to kya. (Hugging her and whispering in her ear) gf yeh jalte hai hamare pyaar se. 

Sm- Maa se nhi milna?

Sid- Milna hai na. Lekin sab se aakhir mein.

Sm- Aakhir mein kyun. (pouting her lips)

Sid- Kyunki apko sabse zyada miss kiya to sabse longest hug bhi krna hai na.

Sm-Awww, mera shona bacha. ( kissing his cheeks)

Sid- I missed you so much maa.

Sm- Pata hai kya hi miss kiya hoga. Milne bhi nhi aya.

Sid- Ek baar PhD ho jaye. Phir to apke paas hi rehna hai na.

Sm- Haan tab tak teri biwi aa jayegi. Phir kya maa ko puchhega tu.

Dadi- Beta, yeh to chlta aya hai.

Sid suddenly remembered about Sana through the mention of 'Biwi'. He mentally slapped himself  for his forgetfulness. She would be aware of his disappearance till now. He should have been the one telling her about his situation. He thought to message her right at that time but when he checked his phone, his phone was dead. His phone battery was drained. He thought to charge his phone and inform her after having lunch.

Sid- Maa di kaha hai?

Sm- Haan Reetu kahan hai?

Dadi- Are, uski to saheli ayi thi na use lene. Wo to chli gyi thi uske sath. 

Sm- Apko bata kr gyi?

Dadi- Haan wo bata kr gyi thi. Use pata hai tujhe kitni tension ho jati hai.

Sid- Maa, chlo na mujhe bahut bhukh  lgi hai. Kujh khilado. 

Sm- Tu ja. Fresh hoke aa. Sab tera favorite banaya hai.

Sid- Main abhi aya. Mera saman?

Sd- Beta, ye tera hostel nhi hai. Ye tera ghar hai. Tera saman Jaggu (helper) ne kamre mein rakh diya hai. 

Sid- Okk dad. I'll be back in some time.

Sd nodded.

Sid went upstairs to his room. He opened the door and the same room, memories, familiar environment engulfed him. His hostel room is also very homely to him. But this was the place that defined him.

Meri rooh, meri awaaz, meri aukat ka hissa hai, 

yeh woh jagah hai jahan meri har khushi- gham ka kissa hai.

OK guys, that's enough for today. I'm trying to give updates on regular intervals. Please vote and comment to share with me how you like the progress. Thank you for reading the chapter. Bye!