Chapter-10

Hello guys, welcome back to my story. I hope you guys are doing fine. Thank you for reading my story. Do let me know your views on the story in the comment section. Let's begin.

Sid entered his room. Nothing had changed here from the time he had gone away to college. He took his t-shirt and pants from the closet and showered. Lastly, he plugged in his phone into charger. 

He was about to switch on his phone but his mother called him for lunch. He ignored his phone for a moment and goes downstairs to Dining hall. His father, mother and his grandfather were already seated on their seats. 

Sd- Kya hua bhai, itna time laga diya?

Sid- Phone charge krne rakhna tha.

Sm- Chal chhod, tu khana kha. 

Sid- Hmm. 

Di kahan hai ayi nahin abhi bhi?

Sm- Hmm. Main bhi wahi dekh rahi thi. Abhi tak to a jana chahiye tha.

Sd- Haan. Call kar ke dekho. kahan reh gayi.

Sid- Main karta hun.

He picked up the telephone and dialed her number. 

Shweta- Hello.

Sid- Hello di.

Shweta- Hey Sid. Tu pahunch gya?

Sid- Ji main to a gya. Aap kab ayoge.

Shweta- Main bas a rahi hun. Rahul ke sath a rahi hun.

Sid- Ok. Aap jaldi a jao. Hum sab sath mein lunch karenge.

Shweta- I'm on my way.

Sid put back the phone back and told his family the same.

Shweta came home in ten minutes. She hugged Sid coming in the living room. 

Shweta- Kaisa hai tu?

Sid- Main to bahut achha hun. Aap batao, kaise ho?

Shweta- Main bhi theek hun. Tujhse kujh baat karni thi.

Sid- Batao di. Kya baat krni hai.

Shweta- Chal khana khate hain pehle. Phir baat krte hain.

Sid- Hn chlo.

They had their lunch. Everybody shared their stories with Sid who had come home after so many days. They felt like a family after so many days.

On the other side, Sana was impatiently waiting for Sid's news. She wanted to know about his sudden appearance. On one hand, he had asked her out and on the other hand he disappeared on the day of their date. It had left her shocked. For the first time in her life she had believed regarding her heart and if she didn't get any news, she knew her poor heart was going to be broken into pieces. 

She doesn't know him that much, but enough to know that he wouldn't do this with any wrong purpose. There must be something urgent but she needed to know what was wrong. 

Sid- Bolo di, kya baat karni thi. 

Shweta(di)- Wo tujhe dad ne bataya hoga na ladke wale a rahe hain.

Sid- Han bola to tha.

Di- Mujhe us baar mein hi baat krni hai tujh se.

Sid- Bolo na.

Di- Mujhe shaadi nhi krni.

Sid- Koi reason hai?

Di- Koi reason nhi hai. Bas mujhe ye shaadi nhi krni. 

Sid- Ye nhi krni ya shaadi nhi krni.

Di- Mujhe shaadi hi nhi krni. I want to go to London. I applied for a job there and I got the job. I have to join in 10 days. I want to go. Main nhi chahti ki main in family politics mein ghus jaun. This is not what I see myself doing. I want to grow in my career. Do something with my life. Tu please dad se baat kar. 

Sid- Di, apko dad se baat krni chahti thi. He'll surely understand.

Di- Will he?

Sid- Yes, he would.

Di-Mujhe yahi baat krni thi tujhse. I want you to be there when I'd tell mom-dad. You would support me?

Sid- Isme puchhne jaise kya hai. Obviously I would support you. I'll always be there for you. 

Di- To kab baat karein? What do you think?

Sid- Ladke wale kab a rahe hain?

Di- I think kal.

Sid- To I think humein ab hi baat kar leni chahiye. Mana bhi to krna padega un logon ko.

Di- Han chalte hain.

Sid- Are you ready for it?

Di- Yes.

Sid- So, let's march into the battlefield!

Di- Aye, Aye Captain. ( she said loudly saluting)

They went to their father's study to discuss this matter with him. Obviously, this issue was needed to be discussed with the whole family. But their father was the hub. Everything in the house revolved around him. He isn't some male chauvinist but a responsible man. His wife is more of a laid back nature. She is a free bird. So, she leaves all the difficult decisions to him because she trusted him very much.

Di- Open the door!

Sid- Arey yaar main kyun. Aap kholo na.

Di- Darwaza kholne ko hi to bola na.

Sid- Haan to khud bhi to khol sakte ho na.

Di- Accha, main kholti hun. Fir, tu baat karna.

Sid- Okay. Aap itna keh rahi ho to main darwaza khol hi deta hun. Parrr, baat aap karoge.

Di-Chal ja. Kujh to kar.

He opened the door and entered inside.

That's it for today, guys. Thank you for reading my story. Vote and comment if you like it. I'll be back soon. Bye!