4

This might be the fastest lunch time has ever come around. Usually, I'd be grateful, but today, time wants to be fast for all the wrong reasons. I swear time can just sense when you're dreading doing something or seeing someone and that's when the day starts flying by.

I walk across campus. As I do so, I take multiple deep breaths in an attempt to slow down my erratic heart. I would try to be player by keeping my eyes glued to my phone, but Morehouse is too packed for that. The last thing I need to do is bump into somebody or trip over my own feet.

Eventually, I come closer and closer to my car. I see Lashawn standing by it. I also see Isaiah by it too, but no Gian? The sound of my noisy heart simmers down when the cause of its spiraling is nowhere to be found. I approach the couple with a look of confusion.

"Hey y'all...where's Gian?" I ask.

"Somewhere having lunch by himself." Lashawn responds casually, eyes still glued to his phone.

"What? Why?" I question.

Lashawn and Isaiah start to answer at the same time.

"He's just not feeling well." Isaiah tells me.

"Cuz he's a bitch." Lashawn simultaneously tells me something different.

I frown. Isaiah's head snaps towards his boyfriend in shock. "Nigga!" He gasps.

"What makes him a bitch?" I press.

"Well, y'all really both bitches." Lashawn adds, still not looking up from his cellular.

Now, I'm even more confused than before. "Now, Imma bitch too. Da fuck yeen tammat?" I press further, the Atlanta starting to come out of me in full swing.

"I'm referring to this game that y'all playing or trying to at least." Lashawn brings up. His eyes finally meet mine as he slides his phone into my pocket. Then, he goes to cross his arms, a signal that he getting ready to talk his shit.

I roll my eyes. "Not you knowing..."

"Of course I know nigga, I'm the one that put Gian on game." Lashawn admits.

It's like a record stops playing. My face goes straight as things start to make sense. The sex did feel a little Lashawn-y after all.

Meanwhile, Isaiah is giving Lashawn a cold look. "Nigga, you did what?"

Lashawn's arms drop, along with the confidence in his stance, at the tone.

"Hey, I was just tryna help the nigga out." Lashawn raises his hands in defense.

I purse my lips to stop from laughing. Lashawn really all big and bad until Isaiah starts getting on his ass. The switch up is funny every time.

"If anything, you made things worse, dumbass!" His boyfriend whisper-shouts, "Zachariah and Gian aren't built for shit like that!"

He continues, "Zach is dramatic. He overthinks everything. He keeps his feelings bottled up inside and he is quick to mask his discomfort with humor-"

"Boy, fuck you." I interject. I did not ask for the whole rundown on my personality. It's already embarrassing enough living like this.

"Love you too. Meanwhile, Gian isn't rash. He's levelheaded. He is quick to take himself out of an uncomfortable situation. In this case, he felt uncomfortable having casual sex with someone he likes too much and now he is keeping his distance." Isaiah concludes.

Listening to Isaiah leaves me in awe. This nigga really knows us too well.

"These niggas aren't meant for the mind games or the friends with benefits to lovers pipeline, Lashawn. Hell, that shit damn near didn't work for us, so why the fuck would you - ughhh!" He cuts himself off with a groan before walking off.