5

Eric and I leave the locker room once our stuff is secured in a locker. As we walk, I can feel his stare of confusion directed at me.

"Yo, are you and Gian good?" He asks.

"Yea," I lie, "Why you asking?"

"Ion know, but that interaction between y'all was a little awkward. Like you didn't go up to him and he didn't go up to you. Yeen wave back when he waved at you." He answers.

"Nah, you just reading too much into it." I respond, "I just don't like going up to my friends if they got people Ion know around em."

I feel his stare linger for a little bit longer like he doesn't believe me. He's right not to believe me because in reality, I could care less who's around. I always greet my friends in public.

"Mmm, ight." is all Eric says before he drops it.

We approach Mariah in the PF 360 area. She already has a mat laid down. Mariah has her legs spread out. She bends at the torso and wraps her hands around her ankles.

"Look at you already getting into it." I grin as I grab my own mat.

"I'd advise you to start joining me cuz my routine ain't no joke." She replies.

I scoff, not believing that for one second. "Nun I can't handle." I reply confidently.

"We'll see." Mariah smirks.

I lay the mat down. Sitting on top of it, I start doing some leg stretches of my own. I sigh when I hear my bones crack. I maneuver myself around the mat, stretching my legs in various different ways until I'm satisfied. Then, I sit back and I look at Mariah.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Boy, I should be asking you that." She scoffs as she gets up.

"Girl, I'm always ready." I scoff back as I copy her.

Eric shakes his head at us before he starts filming. I face the camera with a smile as I start to do my intro. "Wassup Zach Pack, I'm back at it again with another banger. Today, I'm here with Eric -" Eric flips the camera around to wave before pointing it towards Mariah, "and his girlfriend, Mariah."

"Hey y'all." She greets.

"And in today's video, I will be trying out a girl's leg day routine." I continue, "I always hear that girls be having the most absurd leg workout routines, so I'm gonna see if it's as crazy as they say."

I look at Mariah, "So let's get straight to it then."

Exiting the PF 360 area, we head over to where the treadmills and the StairMasters are. I follow Mariah while she approaches the row of StairMasters. She looks at me and says, "So for my warm up, I like to do 10 minutes on the StairMaster."

"Warm up? 10 minutes on the StairMaster?" I repeat with wide eyes.

"Yup, then I do another 10 minutes running on the treadmills." Mariah adds.

My jaw drops. "Ah nah. With that kind of warmup, how do you still have energy to finish the rest of your workout?"

"This is light work." She scoffs, "You'll see."

Although I don't wanna see shit, I copy Mariah as she climbs up one of the StairMasters. She presses quick start. Once the steps start moving, she ups it to level 4. I do as she does. We start walking up each step. Looking over at me, Mariah instructs, "We finna do 2 minutes on level 4, then we finna up it to level 6."

I nod along. I find myself holding my hips. I breathe in and out while climbing. I gotta remind myself not to overexert myself too fast. Two minutes pass and we up the machine by two levels. Next thing I know, I see Mariah change her steps. Instead of just walking up, she brings her left foot up to join her right on the next step. I make a face before copying her again.