h a n a

"should anyone present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in sacred matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace..." the priest waited a bit before proceeding, feeling that no one would oppose the wedding.

"you are now forever bound by bond and love, our groom, you may now kiss the bride," the priest declared, drawing everyone's attention to the pair. the groom approached the bride gently. chants echoed to the venue, "kiss! kiss! kiss!" as the groom gently tucked the flowing hair of the bride, a smile was the only thing they could give each other... a sad one...

"stop the wedding!" a man swung the door open, a loud slam was heard, and people's attention was drawn to him. silence erupted, the man squinted his eyes, trying to minimize the light. slowly, murmurs began to loudly fill the room. "what's this?!?!" the mother of the groom stood up, "and who are you?" the mother added, pointing at the man who intruded on his son's wedding, the man walked towards the couple but immediately made his way back to the door, as if it was a mistake.

"are you joking?" the father of the bride stood up, mad from what had happened and the behaviour of the man who intruded, "i'm sorry," the man bowed and immediately rushed outside. the people inside the venue had their mouths agape, their attention went back to the couple who were sitting on the chairs that were given to them, the brides' veil taken off, and the tuxedo of the groom which was on his arms, dangling.

~

"ya! what venue is your wedding held at?" after realising he had entered the wrong wedding and believed to have caused chaos, he wanted to jump out of the building, drown himself, anything to save himself from embarrassment, his ears were beetroot red, his hands were cold and his hair was messy from running and brushing his hands on it.

he was being sent to voicemail, which added to his stress and embarrassment. "hyung, you should come in now, they're going to kiss..." another voice answered the call, "i will if you tell me where you are!" he shouted but was quickly silenced when he noticed that the venue he had entered earlier opened the doors. "it's on the last corner of the ground floor, you'll see a red carpet outside with balloons." the person on the other line whispers, which you can clearly hear the priest making the groom kiss the bride, the man started to walk towards the end, passing by the venue he earlier went in. he covers his face with his phone or his hands.

after arriving at the venue, he took a picture to confirm the location before entering, slamming the doors open, and making his grand entrance. "stop the wedding right now!" the man says as he walks slowly up to the couple, his aura glowing with confidence. "hyung?" the groom inquires, his eyes trembling as tears threaten to fall; it was clear that the man had been forced to take part in the wedding.

"stop this wedding and give seokmin the opportunity to fall in love with someone he truly loves," the man declares.

"jeonghan... what are you doing?" the groom's mother inquires, "bringing my friend's lover back home," jeonghan snatches seokmin from her brides' grasp, "but he is home, with us.." seokmin's father commented. "is he?" jeonghan chuckles and smirks, holding seokmin's arms "just this once, give joshua back his seokmin..." jeonghan looked at seokmin's mother one last time before leaving.

"you came... i thought.." seokmin trails off, he silently hoped someone would be against their wedding, but he didn't expect jeonghan to be the one stopping it, when they got out. "follow me, i booked a hotel nearby and that'll be enough for us to prepare to go back to los angeles.." seokmin looks at the latter, "so you recently landed?"

"i don't want to see my best friend cry his eyes out because of love," jeonghan blinks realizing his mistake, "that's the same for you seokminah, keep in mind you're also my friend," jeonghan says as he hails an uber to take them to where he was staying.

the ride was quiet, but you could feel the tension and adrenaline, even if it wasn't happy adrenaline. when they arrived, jeonghan paid the driver and immediately pushed the elevator's button. "hyung, i don't want to do this." seokmin mumbled, his eyelids slowly shut, his hands fidgeting, jeonghan gazed at the man, although consequences are expected in this kind of situation, he could not care less, he want everyone to have their freedom,

"if you don't want to do this because you don't want them to hate me, then go to los angeles and i'll talk to your parents," he glanced at seokmin and quickly turns back to face the elevator when he can't see seokmin's face, "it's hard, i know... but it'll be more harder to keep it inside, the grudge, the grief, the pain, and the regret."

"i'm the reason you two met, i was your matchmaker, and i'll do anything by my powers, as your friend, and your cupid." the elevator pinged, slowly opening, jeonghan stepped into the elevator first, pressing the seventeenth floor, but holds back the door of the elevator when he notices that seokmin was still standing in front.

jeonghan waited for a while, he sighed deeply when seokmin was just standing in front of him. "i'm not gonna leave seokmin, and neither do this lift, your choice, leave to live the life your parents want you, or follow me to los angeles to live the life you've always wanted with jisoo..." jeonghan sympathizes with the man, but after all, it's his decision, just like what he wants, freedom, everyone should get the freedom they deserve, even in small simple tasks.

"i.." seokmin contemplates, feelings of guilt and regret eats him up. he would feel a lot of guilt if he leave korea, but a lot of regret if he didn't go with joshua. seokmin noticed how his friend sighed deeply and seen that the foot holding the elevator's has been retrieved,

seokmin's determination grew stronger as he imagined joshua's longing gaze, realizing that his true love was waiting just beyond, he made up his mind. "fck guilt," seokmin thought to himself, seokmin stepped on the elevator with newfound confidence and embarks on a journey that he and joshua will forever treasure.