s e t

as silence engulfed the atmosphere between jeonghan and seokmin's parents, the couple couldn't help but to feel tense...

"uhm-"

"i'm-"

"you go first, auntie," jeonghan gestured as if he was queueing, "i'm sorry,"

jeonghan blinked several times, looking utterly shocked at what happened, he was supposedly the one who was apologizing, "auntie... no.."

"we talked about it jeonghan," the mother blurted, jeonghan looks at her and back to the father, "if it wasn't for you... i would've lost my mind after the wedding.."

"why would you say that ma'am?" jeonghan leaned in, getting a hold of the conversation, "the bride has only months to live and yet we forced them both," the father continued as he notices that the other couldn't finish the sentence, "what do you mean sir?"

the father's eyes shut as he sighed repeatedly, "it means, we... tried to kill her..."

eyes widened, posture straightened, brows furrowed, "you - what? sir, what do you mean killed? i'm... i'm not keeping up with anything.." jeonghan whispered, his brows waggled. exageration...

"it's all part of the plan, part of our plan, but something happened and the other family tried to hide it from us; even the bride was upset that she would soon be facing her final days and yet freedom wasn't in her side, it was because of this that i felt so bad: i wasn't able to follow you after you dragged seokmin.."

"mister, can we breathe for a minute.." jeonghan leaned on his chair, his expression dulled, "the words aren't quite right... earlier." the couple sighed heavily, they waited for jeonghan to say anything, jeonghan was sighing heavily, he was caught off guard, after regaining composure.

"what was your plan all along mister? why do you think that you destroyed the life of the bride? what happened why you'd feel guilty for forcing them in a marriage? and why does is it all have to be seokmin?"

~

after a long discussion with seokmin's parents, he shook their hands, truce, as what they may call it, it was never their intention to hurt their boy, hmm well..

jeonghan on the other hand, did not and will never ever regret that he intruded their gamble just for jisoo and seokmin to marry each other, someone that they truly love, and will love each other back, unconditionally...

"i'll call them; the newly wedded couple. they've been anxious since you've called.." jeonghan stood up and goes to the eavesdropping couple, "don't worry, everything went fine," seokmin smiles, hugs the older as a thank you hesture and proceeded to his parents.

"now they wanna know how was the wedding. of course, it's not my story to tell, i'm just cupid, it's both of you... " jeonghan taps the table, then he caught a sight of joshua, fiddling under the table, jeonghan glances at seokmin with his parents,

"joshuji, don't be too anxious, they already accepted you, they love you for being there for their son, but they just needed to do that. an inevitable, for benefits." jeonghan rubs joshua's shoulder in a comforting way, giving the man moral support, jeonghan turns to walk away, the former stood up, "they're not mad?"

"i've already explained the situation, but that'll be between me and seokmin's parents, joshuji," jeonghan turns to look at joshua, in which the man replicated, "as soon as you stepped in their house, introduced yourself as your now husband, but boyfriend back then, his boyfriend, they immediately took interest in you, they knew that their son was gay but they also knew that they can't force seokmin to talk about it when he's clearly uncomfortable, so you decided to speak up for him, you were there when he needed you the most, and so was he," jeonghan faces joshua,

"they were devastated when they knew what happened to you on that day that you two had to break it all off, the four - years, broken off just by a fake wedding.." jeonghan added, his eyes widened when he slipped something he wasn't supposed to be saying at him, he covers his mouth wih his hands, "fake.. wedding?" joshua blinks, several times, until he realizes.

"ohh fake wedding..." his expressions dropped, it was an exaggeration for when you say his demeanor and atmosphere that surrounds him darkened, but jeonghan never saw joshua that mad, one time but still it scared him.

"did they mentioned about their a successor too?" joshua smirks, jeonghan knew he would get it even if he gave a little hint, he knew too much of the family lee,

"yeah, apparently, they needed one, just one child... i told them that its upon seokmin to decide, since he will be the one managing their company."

"but in the end, i know embarassing myself mean you two having the life you noth dreamt, then it's all worth it, congrats buddy." joshua nodded, thanking the man and bidding goodbye... "don't be too angry at them..." jeonghan added, he can sense joshua's shoulder drop, calming, " i won't.. i promise, i'll try to understand their side,"

jeonghan went back to the cashier, "hi, good morning.." jeonghan greeted the staff in front of him in which the staff replied with a smile and a 'good morning to you too', "i would like to pay for the drinks that i ordered for one, i was in such rush i couldn't pay.."

"yes it hasn't been paid yet, do you have the card with you? " the staff started to type away, "ahh yes, how much was the drink again?" jeonghan took out his card and some cash to pay for it, "ten dollars only, thanks for purchasing, come again," the staff bowed her head so do jeonghan before going back to his work.

"yoo jeonghan?" a man behind the counter asks, "yes sir, he had been our customer for over five years, but then he just recently started the card credits.

"so that's the man that we told you, he looks busy, so make an exception for him if he forgets to pay; he also approaches us when he realizes he hasn't paid, still a win-win," the woman commented, the man nods and taps the womans' shoulder to proceed on her work, "he seems so familiar..."