y e o d e o l

"yahh, yoon kyung-wan"

 "let's walk home together,"

"there's an ice cream sandwich there,"

 "mom?" 

"you are just like your mother."
 "a. weak. ling."

 "i will never become like you." 

"she's going to a train track." 

"leave her alone!"

"jeonghan!"

"you left me.."

~

jeonghan woke up with a plethora of sweats, he sat up, and turning his lamp on, it was hell, he felt like he came out of hell, he need to forget what happened that day, but he can't, if he tries to forget about it then... he won't be able to remember her, her voice, her laugh, he will not remember her.

it was the only thing hindering him from forgetting that day—his sister, that day was a reminder for him—a reminder that he screwed up as a son and as a brother.

he looks at the time, five thirty, he was in no way on doing his daily routine, so instead he headed downstairs; he was greeted by an amazing smell of food and the beautiful harmony of a whistle.

"good morning." his voice was hoarse, he rubbed his throat, his mother turned around. "are you sick?" she asked, noticing the sudden voice change of her son.

"no, i just need water," he uttered rubbing his throat again, he dazed to the nature through a clear glass window, he sighed deeply, years has passed, he was always playing the same man—broken man and his mother always plays the friendly mother, he can't help but think, when his life would change, when he would be able to control his life.

he filled a glass with water and gulped it down, feeling the cool liquid soothe his dry throat. he placed the empty glass on the kitchen counter, his mother approached him with a concerned expression and two plates on hand, "you seem lost in thought," she said softly, putting the plates infront of him and hers.

"is everything okay?"

he forced a smile and nodded, not wanting to burden her with his worries. but deep down, he couldn't help but wonder when his life would finally take a different turn, when he would break free from the monotony and find his true purpose.

"you seem very out, yesterday and today... tell me soon, okay?" his mother smiles; she knew something was bothering his son, but she wouldn't force him to tell her; it's not her business, and he might be uncomfortable. 

"i'm just thinking about..." he trails, this gives sign to the mother, "work!" he added, his moher looks at him, this was more than work, she can sense.

she gently places a hand on his shoulder, offering a reassuring touch. "remember, i'm always here for you if you ever want to talk. just know that whatever it is, you don't have to face it alone," she says, her voice filled with warmth and understanding. with a nod, he musters a small smile, grateful for his mother's unwavering support.

jeonghan sighs, though business was on his mind, that was never his worry. his true worry was the nightmare of his past, that he couldn't tell anyone no matter what happens, "we're still at home; please stop worrying about business; worry about it at work," she smiles as she slid another plate near jeonghan, "all right," he says in response.