n e t

"how'd it went jeonghannie?" his mother was there at the wedding, she was in charge of the reception and the wedding when jeonghan need to fly from los angeles to south korea and vice versa, jeonghan had already sketched out and planned the designs before turning it to his mother to execute.

"it went fine, for joshua and seokmin? it should also be fine. we all know how they love joshua for seokmin, they just needed to do something out of their control," said jeonghan as he sat down on the couch in the staff room. "mingyu's here by the way; he had been blabbering nonstop," his mother smiled, she really liked mingyu, everything about the man just makes his mother melt for him, "really? what on earth is this man doing here so early?"

"what he doin'?" minghao commented when he passed by jeonghan, who had been standing for over a minute, watching mingyu rap his heart out, headphones on his ear, "who have this kind of energy early in the morning?"

jeonghan closed the door of the karaoke room, but not a karaoke room, just soundproof, but they call it a karaoke room, they sing, dance, and have fun in this room.

"what are you doing here hao? shouldn't you be in china right now, promoting your business?" jeonghan sat by the couch near the rapping mingyu, minghao mumbled something the older couldn't hear, he picks up a pillow and threw it at the very noisy mingyu.

mingyu looked at who threw the pillow sharply only to see jeonghan smiling sarcastically at him, he smiled, "hyung," he turns to jeonghan, in which the older shushed the man silent to let minghao talk, "what was it hao?"

"jun is already at china, he suggested to promote more in korea, since we have many friends and may use it as an opportunity to promote." minghao smiled without the teeth showing then immediately drops, "you'll miss him don't you?" jeonghan commented, minghao nodded, it was there when he let out a deep sigh, mingyu was waiting for jeonghan to finish talking, "okay, so now what?"

"as a major shareholder of this mall, what'd you think about putting up branches internationally?" mingyu scrolls through his notes, minghao huffed and turns around his back facing the two, "you're here to discuss business? really? this early? funny how you immediately went here when you can schedule a meeting to discuss it with the mall council." jeonghan leaned on the couch, his arms resting on the top of the couch.

"i'm bored, my dogs are in daycare, my parents are working. i want to go abroad but i can't leave korea, solely because i refuse to sign to be the owner and manage my father's company, i can't just run away even if i needed to, all i do is take pictures here and there, join competitions when i feel like it, it's hard, boring." mingyu ranted, 

the older stopped to listen; he didn't know whether to comfort the man or to make it more lighthearted. he let out a chuckle and said, "think about it, mingyu. your passion for things makes you, you. things were too hard for you, but you never gave up. don't let this setback discourage you. instead, use it as fuel to propel yourself even further."

"buuuuut... is this all connected to your first love? refusing to take anything business-related in case you two cross paths?" 

mingyu only sighed; he knew his hyung would be too curious about things, but he wouldn't blame him, even if he himself asked why he did that. when he could clearly stand up for himself, "you're talking about first love again; ask hao for that; i have no time for those types of things." he said

"hah, as if we were not each other's first love," minghao said, sitting up and grabbing a pillow which made mingyu flinch. "no we're not, we're each others first relationship, minghao"  mingyu sarcastically answered, but was raising his hands as if surrendering, "still!!"

jeonghan smiled, "it's really cute when first-relationship sweethearts doesn't end up in a toxic relationship; others have theirs and they act as if they're still in a relationship."

"oh no, he is toxic hyung; he beats me to death!" mingyu then sat beside jeonghan. as he tries to shield himself from his old lover, making playful faces which added to minghao's urge to punch the man in his guts, "i'll kill you!"

the big buff man ran out the door, who was followed by his old lover. shouting and playful screaming were heard in the office of the mall, and jeonghan could only chuckle.

then again, he was left alone with himself and his mind in his own dark world. 

as the commotion outside continued, jeonghan couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. although he found amusement in the playful chaos, being left alone with his thoughts reminded him of the darkness that haunts him..