Ch.1 - CHILDISH INNOCENCE:

It all began about three decades ago. I first entered this world as Kisuke Kamijiro, the only son of a beloved radio host named Kira Kamijiro.

Many have heard his voice on the radio waves, hosting his popular show, The Shine Hour, where he's interviewed countless stars in the entertainment industry. And it looks like his reign over the airwaves has no sign of stopping anytime soon.

While his voice may be heard across the airwaves, the man himself is not often seen. Allow me to tell you that he is always sporting a stoic smile even after his wife left him for some trophy husband in Tokyo. It's a true mark of his resilience and determination as a radio host.

Despite Kira's years of dedication and hard work to put Takachiho on the map for something other than its holy grounds, it appears that love is not always easy. Especially when you love a girl with all your heart, only to find out that she could never love you back.

It's like a knife to the chest.

While Kira may have lost the love of his life, he still has a lot going for him. Thanks to the skills of his business associate, he has the money and the clout to make things happen.

His business associate, is the advertizing agent, Marina Tendouji.

The woman's talents as an agent are nothing short of amazing. If Kira so much as whispered to her, his show would be all over Shibuya in a heartbeat. And it seems that her focus on details is a product of her training as an Olympic figure skater. It's no wonder she's such a powerhouse in the entertainment industry.

If you ever want to make a successful movie, I've heard that you need her on your side. At the box office your movie will be hotter than ever.

It's almost poetic, isn't it? The woman who helped Kira become a media juggernaut is none other than a figure skater turned agent with a chilling attitude. It's VERY fitting that she would know a thing or two about ice... And maybe even how to break the warmest of hearts.

Oh? Don't mind me, I'm just rambling at this point.

I'm not saying that Kira and Tenouji's partnership was only good for business. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it's still going strong to this day.

After all, a friendship like that is built on trust and mutual respect, and it's clear that they've got that in spades.

Because they're allowed to talk to each other, to communicate with each other... There are friendships that shatter through separation...

I may have come into the world as Kisuke, but I don't consider him my father anymore. He's lost that privilege, just like he lost his wife. I'm Fenix now, and Kira Kamijiro is just a painful reminder of what I used to be. He's no father to me anymore.

Kisuke is dead.

Kira's son is dead.

Poor Kira, I pity him... He was a nice man, but he was always so busy with his work. He had requests for his show falling out of his ass at one point. It didn't leave him with much time to spend with his son outside of work.

It's almost like a catch-22, isn't it?

The more success Kira had in his career, the less time both he and his agent had for their families. It's a bitter irony, and it's clear that both Kisuke...as well as Marina Tendouji's daughter, suffered as a result...
At least Kira brought Kisuke to work with him sometimes, back then I even got to meet a whole bunch of entertainers.

But Marina Tendouji? She made a conscious decision to abandon her daughter and run away from her responsibilities. It's a sad testament to how far she was willing to go to succeed in her career, and it's no surprise that her actions left her daughter feeling resentful and abandoned. Her husband wasn't any better in that regard, either, as he apparently didn't do anything to stop her.