Ch.6 - DR. GOROU AMAMIYA:

The journey back to Takachiho was a difficult one. We had to leave without Sarina, and I felt a deep sadness in my heart. She was being transferred to the local hospital on top of the hill, overlooking Takachiho Shrine, next to the mythical cave of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu. 

Keep that in mind.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of fear and uncertainty. What if something happened to her? She was my only friend and I didn't know what I would do without her. With the weekend ending it was time for me to return to school, but I couldn't concentrate.

It was a long and lonely wait. Every day, I awaited the news that Sarina was released from the hospital, but it never came. My heart was heavy with worry and concern. I missed her dearly and couldn't imagine not seeing her again. But as the days passed, my fears only grew. What if she never came back? What if she was gone forever? I couldn't bear the thought and the pain was unbearable.

I knew that treatment takes time, but I still couldn't help feeling anxious and worried. I wanted to give Sarina the space she needed to recover, so I waited a whole week before trying to visit her at the hospital. The thought of her alone in the hospital was too much to bear. When I finally decided to make the trip, I prepared myself for the grueling journey up the hill. It was a steep climb that could make your shins ache, but I didn't mind. All I cared about was seeing Sarina again.

I arrived at the front desk and explained my situation to the receptionist, making sure to emphasize that I was Sarina's best friend. I asked if there was any way I could arrange to visit her someday, hoping against hope that the answer would be yes. I held my breath as I waited for the response, my heart racing with anxiety and hope.

But that's just too easy. Life isn't that simple.

The receptionist's words deflated me. I felt a heavy weight on my chest as she explained that Sarina was not expecting any visitors and that I should come back another day. My heart sank and I didn't know what to do. I felt hopeless and dejected. All I wanted was to see her and make sure she was okay. But the receptionists' words made it clear that visiting her anytime that day was out of the question.

KISUKE: "Hm, okay."

I told myself. Sounds reasonable, I want Sarina to have all the space she needs to recover.

So I waited another week and tried again.

...Same response.

Then the next week.

Same response.

And the week after that.

I began to grow impatient. It was clear that Sarina's situation was serious and I wanted to be there for her, to provide comfort and support in her time of need. But the hospital's restrictions prevented me from visiting and the lack of information was causing me anxiety. The only thing I could do was wait, hoping that she would get better and that I would be able to see her again.

But waiting was hopeless, I didn't want her to think I had abandoned her. So I took matters into my own hands. Every week I would pass my request to the front office. When they turned me away I would exit the hospital and go to the back of it, where all the windows to each room were located.

Using a tennis ball, I would gently throw it against ten windows, hoping that one of them would be Sarina's room.

I figured ten would be the right amount, because any more and I would risk getting caught.

For the next four months, I did this.

Roughly four weeks per month makes four visits. Ten windows for each.