Ch.21 - GREATNESS:

Seems like no matter what life I'm in, both dads hate me.

I had hoped that somehow, someway, my father would have been one of the good executives who had no say in Riku's firing from the company.

But no. My father is the big bad who instigated the firing in the first place! When he's the one who found solace in her...

Deep down, I believe that Riku wasn't always the crazy ex-idol she is today. Had the circumstances been different, I doubt she would have forced her dreams on me or Yura.

At least Yura is finding great success as an actress. Meanwhile, I'm just some picturebook junior idol who hasn't stood on a stage yet. With my one gig of appearing in a movie getting taken from me.

I'll...admit, the kid who replaced me did a great job. I think he was that same weirdo who I bumped into with the blond hair and blue eyes...

Have I seen him somewhere before?

No. Not likely. I'd remember a weirdo like that. He got lucky because the role required him to be weird when he himself looks weird.

Acting isn't my goal though, I'll let Yura have that. I'm set on becoming an idol and gaining the influence to make a change.

Oh...

Of course there is my other goal. A more cathartic goal... But the more I think about it, is someone like me really capable of doing something so stupid?

I've been given a second chance at life, why should I throw it away for three idiots who will probably get what's coming to them anyway?

Even so, the memories of Sarina still live within my heart. She was strong, yet vulnerable to manipulation... There's no other way you could describe it.

She was manipulated by a man in power. Just...like Riku was...

Shit...

But I'm weak. There's nothing a child like me can do against authority. As much as I would love to change this world so that the megalomaniacs get what's coming to them and young vulnerable people won't get manipulated...

I don't have anything to achieve that. I'm just a bastard child nobody with an unhealthy obsession for idols.

At least I can admit that, unlike most deluded fans out there. I know it's a problem, the attachment I have for Ai.

But my best friend loved her, and it's the last remaining thing we both shared. I want to hold onto my support for Ai because it's the last thing that is tying me to Sarina.

When Ai eventually retires, I can look back and say that I carried out the support for the both of us. But I don't see that happening for a while.

Ai is only 20 which is the age some idols start their careers at. I can see us getting at least five or six more years of Ai goodness!

And by that time I will be eleven, the age I was the first time I met her as Kisuke.

Then I can finally move on. Keeping the memories within my heart as I work on advancing my own idol career.

Hmm... At that point, I notieced that I had been walking around this floor aimlessly.

Pfft, I bet they haven't even noticed that I'm gone.

In front of me stood a door with a sign that said 'Heaven's Lounge.'

A place to relax for now, perhaps? Couldn't hurt for me to take a seat for a while.

Entering the room I instantly regretted my decision. Thankfully, nobody saw or heard me entering the room, but it sounded like an important meeting was taking place.