Ch.28 - THANK YOU...:

*THREE DAYS LATER*

Nobody cared. The headlines had changed.
The public had moved on.
The media forgot.
The world forgot, in fact.
Because the news of Ai's death was as quickly buried by a fresh blanket of snowfall as it had been by the passage of time.

The country was brought to a grinding halt, snow blocking the transport network, shutting it down...

All the details about the case had been shared. The police were called upon the report that a man was stabbing a woman. Contrary to what was shared with the Tokyo Dome audience, Ai wasn't pronounced dead until she was taken to hospital.

 Contrary to what was shared with the Tokyo Dome audience, Ai wasn't pronounced dead until she was taken to hospital

The culprit was named Ryosuke Kaihara, a 22-year-old college student.
After taking Ai's life, he made a desperate dash for freedom, but in the end he took his own life before police could arrive to take him into custody.

Coward!

You did something absolutely abhorrent, yet you can't even own up to it?! You don't want to face the consequences and so you selfishly decide to take your own life?!

What a despicable bastard you are! At least...

...at least answer for your crimes.

What's even more disturbing is that you were ALSO a huge fan of Ai.
The police raided your place of residence and found that your room was absolutely COVERED with Ai merchandise and photos.
How could you betray someone that you held in such high regard?!

Why...?

Why would you do something like this if you're a fan...?

You loved her...

So, why...?

And the investigation into accomplices proved you worked alone...

Of all people, as a fan you should have realized how precious her life was, but no... You fucking stupid idiot...

I'll... I'll never understand why you did something like this...

But at least I can take comfort in knowing that this isn't the end for you.
Oh no... It's not.
Based on what Tsukuyomi has already informed me, hell does exist.