🕸️Alone🕸️

I can't stop myself.
It's too late to anyways.
There was too much going on inside my head in that moment and I ran away from the group...

I sprint across the empty midnight streets of Brooklyn. Tears are streaming down my face.

In just a few weeks I had lost my only family, my entire universe.. and soon my closest friends!?

My legs ache, I can hear my muffled footsteps underneath me but my thoughts are louder, draining out everything around me.

My mind feels like it's in a million places. Everywhere but here.

Suddenly I trip over something and stumble forward, luckily not falling.
I place my hands on my knees and pant. Why is this happening to me?

She turns around to see what she tripped over and sees a fat cat laying on the floor. It was orange and has a few white stripes on the back.

"Oooh! Oh my goodness-! I'm so sorry little guy.."

She picks up the fat cat who seemed pretty unaffected, it meowed calmly

Y/n sunk to the floor and cuddled the cat. She began to sob again.

"I don't know what to do.. I've lost everything.. I probably can't even go back to spidersociety anymore..
and now I'm talking to a cat!!"

She bursts out crying even more
The cat licks her hand and purrs, snuggling up against her

Y/n sniffles

She realises that this cat acctually looks a lot like her dad's first cat. She chuckled remembering all the good times with that silly old cat.

Then memories of her dad came flooding back. She remembers the day he died in her arm, she was too late to save him from the green goblin.

His last words were to always tell her to stay on the right side.

Y/n used to think about those words every night. The right side ..what does that mean

"The right side.."
Y/n mutters out loud
"I'm a hero, that has to be the right side right? ..but spidersociety.. they are not heros. They let people suffer, their own people especially. That's not right. That's not what heros do."

She stands up, wiping her tears while still holding the cat in the other hands.

"I'm staying on the right side."

She holds the cat up and speaks to it

"I'm going to save miles from miguel and his dad from dieing! I'm gonna find out how to keep my friends memories of me, and I'm gonna create a team to help spiderpeople realise how wrong spidersociety is!"

The cat meows

"That's right! I've already lost too many people.. I can't lose myself"

She puts the cat down and gives it one last pat on the head

"Thanks little guy.."

The cat scurries off into an alleys and y/n puts on her mask, the wind blowing in detection.