a servant who deals wisely

EP 16- THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

"I'm thinking nothing huge, dinner at the Grill, maybe a late movie..." Caroline said leaning on her locker.

The school day had started off slow she arrived to her lessons surprisingly on time, this was the first she was seeing her friends. Well two of them, Bonnie was still away.

"A double date?" Stefan asked, Val completely forgot he was there.

"Two pair, out on a Friday night, coupled. Sorry Val." Caroline whispered to the girl. Val just smiled.

"You think that's a good idea?" Elena asked.

"Why not?" Caroline questioned. "You know, we all haven't gone out before... and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. The couple dynamics have changed and there's a little awkwardness between you, Matt and me and I think it's important that we get over it."

"I don't know." Elena shook her head slightly.

"You know what, I think that sounds like a great idea." Stefan suddenly said.

"You do?" Elena turned to him.

"Yeah, yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in fun." Stefan said to her.

"A double date it is." Elena agreed.

"So, we will see you tonight?" Caroline grinned. Val waited for the girl to leave.

"She's doing this because Matt is still in love with you, Elena. Also his mom said she hates her." Val warned before also walking away from the couple.

After school she was in the kitchen when she heard a knock. Opening the door revealed an all familiar face. "Pearl?" She questioned.

"Anastasia." Pearl nodded. "Or is it...Valentina?"

"I don't mind." She said, still holding the door open.

"Let us in, we have something to discuss." Pearl tried.

"That would be nice, but I don't own this house. The lady who does is currently on a date." Val shrugged. "So tell me what you want here."

"Katherine. We've struck a deal with Damon and promised we could find her. The only person who can truly track her patterns is me and you." Pearl explained.

"You're stupid to think Damon will actually work with you. I'm not helping find Katherine either." She said, beginning to close the door.

"I can get rid of that pesky witch." Pearl said. Valentina stopped for a moment. "Has she visited you yet?" Vals eyes shifted down, shaking her head.

The pesky witch Pearl was referring to was Elizabeth Parris. The witch who cursed Val's soul. Every time Val would reincarnate, her soul hopeful to escape; the witch would find her again. Taking over her mind. Committing heinous crimes. She had yet to take over Valentina's already corrupted mind.

Only few people knew this. Obviously Katherine had told Pearl. Now she was using it as leverage. No one wanted Katherine back.

"What do you want me to do?" Val asked, defeatedly.

"Find Katherine. I've already tracked certain places she could be. You're going to get her." Pearl said.

"As in, leave here search the whole country for that bitch?" Val said, sighing.

"We know you want to." Pearl said. "Anna, here, will tell you all the details."

"I'll text them." She smiled, Val just nodded reluctantly.

It wasn't like she was scared of Katherine, she knew the girl when she was weak as paper. Val could remember Katherine's tears. Her emotions were travelling though her bloodstream. It made her sick to even think of the memories she had with Katherine. It seemed in every life the two would meet. She just didn't like her, she didn't like how she acted. She actually hated some people more than Katherine. Some things she even agreed with. She was still gonna try and find her, just because of hope. The tiniest part of hope for her to be released from torment.

She walked back into the kitchen to grab a large bottle of wine. "Drinking?" Lola said, walking down the stairs.

"Yep." She replied honestly, pulling the cork out.

"I'll join." Lola joked, Val just looked at her.

"Fine." She replied.

"What? I'm not asking why. I don't care if you've been broken up with, if you've murdered someone you regret, or if you're about to die." Lola reassured grabbing the bottle herself to take a large drink.

A/N
Probably my shortest chapter 😭