CHAPTER 2: a dream unfamiliar

I wake up in a dream-like world. A bright lavender sky greets me.

"Kyohi! Down here!"

I look out of the place I woke up in. I was in a treehouse. Sunny waits for me at the bottom. The silver grass gently flows around him. I quickly go down the ladder and hug him.

"Sunny! I missed you so much!"

"Awe I missed you too Kyohi!"

"Kyohi?"

"Yeah, did you forget your name?"

"Uh nope! Just messing with ya."

He laughs.

"Well, you got me there! Come on. The others are waiting."

Sunny takes my hand and he leads me to a beautiful garden. The garden had tulips in all sorts of colors. The most popular was white tulips. There were a few sword flowers and roses scattered about. A patch of sunflowers was to the right of us, and the left, a patch of cacti. A picnic blanket lies on the ground, Basil, Mari, Kel, and Hero sit on the blanket, waiting patiently.

"Wow... this place is beautiful."

Sunny looks at me.

"Yeah right! While you were gone we all planted them!"

"Hey, Sunny, Kyohi! Over here!" Basil says

We sit down on the blanket, Mari is preparing the food for the picnic, Hero and Kel are messing with each other, and Basil is looking through his photo album. I carefully sit down on the blanket, Sunny sits next to me.

"Heh, I thought you would sit next to Mari," I say.

"What? Haha, I always sit next to you!"

His cliff-face expression changes to a tiny smile. I look at him, stunned by how cute his smile is. He looks at me, confused.

"Are you alright Kyohi?"

I quickly nod.

His face went back to neutral.

Somehow the place seemed even more magical. Mari looks distressed.

"You okay Mari?" I ask

" I forgot cups at our house!" She says.

"Mari, why don't we stop by our house to grab them? I wanted to grab Bewo anyway. Do you wanna come with us to go get them Kyohi?" Sunny asks as he offers his hand.

"Sure, I might as well come with."

We exit the garden and enter the Broad Forest. I try going to the right, but Sunny stops me.

"Did you forget where our house is? You just gotta keep going forward."

"Hehe, thanks. My mind just isn't working today."

The three of us walk down to a melon-shaped house, a cat, similar to real-world Sunny's sat outside.

"Hey, Bewo! How are you?"

The cat meows happily as Sunny pets it. That is his cat alright. He picks the cat up and it jumps onto his head, now purring. Sunny notices me staring at the cat in admiration.

"You can pet her if you want." He says.

"Yeah, she's super friendly, extra friendly with you guys," Mari adds.

I slowly pet Bewo before patting Sunny on the head.

" you're a good pet owner Sunny. Keep it up."

He doesn't smile but I can tell he feels good about it. Bewo meows in agreement.

"See Sunny? I told you! Even Kyohi agrees!"

All three went inside. Sunny and I sit on his bed. Mari goes downstairs. Just as she leaves our sight, she screams. Sunny and I run downstairs. The staircase seems longer than when I remembered seeing it.

When we reached the bottom, Mari was gone. A black substance covered the floor and was writhing around on the walls.

"What? Mari? Where did you go?" I ask.

Sunny picks up a broken violin piece. It seemed to be carved with a name.

"Sunny"

"... my name?" Sunny says before turning to me.

His face distorts into a creature, too terrifying for my dream to handle. I passed out.