CHAPTER 5: headspace

I wake up back in the body where I'm known as Kyohi. Sunny sits in the treehouse with me, cuddling Bun-bun. Bewo still sat on his head still, but she was sleeping. It took a bit for Sunny to notice me waken.

"Oh, welcome back Kyohi."

"Hello Sunshine, how are you?"

"I'm doing well."

He seems a bit worried.

"Sunshine? Is everything alright?"

"Mari is missing. We've looked all over for her."

I immediately get up.

"Don't worry Sunny! Detective Kyohi is on the case! "

I grab his hand and pull him to his feet.

"Come on, Sunny! We got no time to lose!"

Sunny and I walk around the garden. We look at our friends, Hero is having a Mental breakdown. I pat him on the head.

"We'll find her, I promise!"

Sunny and I travel through the broad forest, searching for any clues of where she might be. We had to fight a few sprout moles and bunnies. I begged Sunny not to hurt the bunnies, he agreed and we ran away. The last place we checked was back at Sunny's house. The writhing black substance is gone. The broken violin still lies on the floor. Sunny picks it up and puts it into an extra box he had.

"I'll fix it later."

Sunny looks around. He seems to be finding something.

"What are you looking for?"

"I noticed that you have a weapon and I thought it was a good idea if I have one too."

I pull out my mace.

"You mean this thing? I just grabbed it in case."

"Hm. Aha! Found it!"

Sunny pulls a box out of underneath his bed. He pulls a dagger out of the box.

"A dagger?"

"Yeah, I got it a long time ago, it was easy to use and it was better than having a sword."

I laugh, "You're such a nerd Sunny!" I pick on him.

He smiles a tiny bit, almost as if he took it as a compliment. He grabs a holder for the dagger and slips it in. he puts the holder in his pocket. I put my mace away. Sunny takes my hand.

"Hopefully we can find her soon," he says.

I pat him on the head as I hug him. Sunny calms down as he embraces me back. His breathing slows for a bit as his anxiety stops.

"Thanks, Kyohi."

"Anytime sunshine."

I wished that the hug would last forever. His skin was soft, with no bumps or cracks. The only part that felt dented was around his neck. I look closer at his neck, The pattern was familiar. The incident with real-life Sunny flashed before my eyes. I let go of him and fell to my knees.

"Kyohi!? Are you alright?!?"

"...the... the tree... rope...your neck...I," My words wouldn't come out.

"Kyohi? What tree? What rope? What about my neck?" he asks frantically.

I didn't answer, my body shook.

"Kyohi, I'm gonna get help!"

I reached out to Sunny.

"Please... Don't leave again. I don't wanna be alone."